HTC Diamond

same as DJ Rob for me.

I love my Touch Pro. The thickness doesn't bother me. It actually feels good in my hand.

I like the expansion. (I have an 8G microsd I put in it).

3rd opinion good for the Touch Pro. I really like it alot. The extra internal memory for me over the 6800 has made a huge difference.

Quick question for any of you on the Sprint SERO plan: what happens after my two year obligation ends later this year...will my $30 unlimited data plan continue or will I have to choose another plan? If I can keep my SERO plan, I will probably purchase a Touch Pro. If not, I will probably go back to Verizon or go with AT&T.

Thanks!

Quick question for any of you on the Sprint SERO plan: what happens after my two year obligation ends later this year...will my $30 unlimited data plan continue or will I have to choose another plan? If I can keep my SERO plan, I will probably purchase a Touch Pro. If not, I will probably go back to Verizon or go with AT&T.

Thanks!

You can keep it and go month to month. If you ever think about getting rid of it, you'll find folks that are willing to "buy" the plan from you as they are definitely worth it.

Through a little leg work I was able to add on SERO to my account in Nov'08 and through a little more work I was barely able to add another a few weeks ago. Funniest thing ever...when that AT&T line was cancelled ($100 a month blackberry line to save $70 a month), their retention department asked why they were cancelling. As soon as they said SERO, they said "We can't compete with SERO. You want this cancelled today?"

The line that was recently added was a Diamond since she couldn't type on the keyboard with nails anyway. It's not a bad phone but I would prefer the Touch Pro over the Diamond.

A few things I've found so far comparing the Diamond and Touch Pro. No keyboard, no flash (love my flashlight apps too much), and no microSD slot. The Touch Pro isn't a whole lot heavier or thicker than the Diamond. Go check out the specs on PhoneScoop.com.

A lovely little Mobile 6.1 "bug". Active sync doesn't work well between two PCs. Issue is exacerbated if the two machines are split between Vista and XP.

The documented workaround for what I would consider to be a literally fatal flaw doesn't work cleanly if you have split OSs like I do.

I haven't had any problems with my XP and Vista machines not syncing.

Mine is the Alltel version of the Touch Pro, so that might be the difference.

I'm wondering if we're all running the same code base.

There are definite reports, and an MS article describing same:
https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/Workaround.aspx?FeedbackID=354634&SiteID=502

That's just to prove the point that I'm not crazy on this topic ;)

There was an comment in the article that said the fix had been sent to the OEMs, and it was up to them to implement it... so you may want to see if a newer version of the ROM is available for yours, from your provider. That, or grab the latest ROM directly from HTC and lose all the typical provider bloatware. Just make sure you use the right flavor of the ROM (CDMA vs GSM)

I've burned many different ROMs on mine and none of them have had this problem.

There was an comment in the article that said the fix had been sent to the OEMs, and it was up to them to implement it... so you may want to see if a newer version of the ROM is available for yours, from your provider. That, or grab the latest ROM directly from HTC and lose all the typical provider bloatware. Just make sure you use the right flavor of the ROM (CDMA vs GSM)

I've burned many different ROMs on mine and none of them have had this problem.

Yes, I will be.

It's no less a mess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts