HTC Mogul Bluetooth Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tac

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 12, 2003
Erie, PA
Just wondering if anyone has a Mogul and is experiencing less than good results with a bluetooth headset.

I have the DCD Rom on my phone and a brand new headset. The headset sounds very "tin can" like and the range from the phone to the headset starts to break up at only a couple of feet. The headset is a Cardio Systems headset. I had a prior model with a different phone and loved it.

Anyone with thoughts or suggestions.

I use a jabra headset, no issues at all. I can use the headset about 20 feet from my phone before it breaks up. I use a custom cooked rom.

Just wondering if anyone has a Mogul and is experiencing less than good results with a bluetooth headset.

I have the DCD Rom on my phone and a brand new headset. The headset sounds very "tin can" like and the range from the phone to the headset starts to break up at only a couple of feet. The headset is a Cardio Systems headset. I had a prior model with a different phone and loved it.

Anyone with thoughts or suggestions.

I also have a Jabra headset and it works fine with the Mogul. I'm running the latest 3.3.4 DCD Rom. What ROM and Radio ROM do you have on yours?

I have Radio 3.42.02 and DCD Rom 3.2.6

Could be the Rom version. I know there is a newer one out there 3.3.4.

It just seems odd that I am having this issue. Did you have any BT issues with the older Rom when you ran it?

I don't remember any problems with 3.2.6. That Radio is pretty old. You might try upgrading the radio ROM to 3.42.50. You should be able to find just the radio rom NBH files that you flash via the microSD card that does not wipe the phone. Check out the Titan upgrading section on xda-developers.com

I have the Verizon XV6800. It supports BT 2.0 standard. However for several years I used the Motorola model 77 flip head set and really liked the form factor. It is BT 1.2 The down side was it would go to sleep and not wake up on an incoming call. It had low volume and range was about 15 feet reliably. When it stopped working, I decided to experiment with a newer technology, the Jabra BT 530 a BT 2.0 that maximizes the VX6800. The first thing I noticed is it never loses connection and does not wake up with an incoming call. second, it will work with WMPlayer sound for listening to podcasts which the Motorola never did. It will pause the wmp while I take a call and then when I hang up using the BT button, it auto returns to the wmp audio. Finally, this phone has much higher talk volume and noise canceling, both outbound and inbound.

The negatives are that it is not as comfortable to wear as was my Motorola. My ear gets sore after about an hour and then after about 3 hours I take it out and the cartledge in my ear is sore. I plan to discuss this with a Jabra rep at CES. They are pretty good at the trade show with help. It is why I decided to try Jabra. I'm sure different people will have different experiences with the pain in the ear part but as for electronics, it is the best working BT device I have tried.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)