HTPC working with DirecTV H20-600 box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rocktrng

Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
:) Got my HP m7077c Media Center PC talking to a DirecTV H20-600 box.:) Here's what I did.

I bought a PCTV Remote Kit from Pinnacle Systems for $29.95 (which contains a trainable IR blaster). I upgraded my media center PC to Vista Home Premium (so it could talk to the IR blaster). Then, I connected the PC to the H20 box using an S-Video cable and an audio cable.

I opened up the media center application and went to settings. I didn't use "express" ... I used the "manual" method instead. During the process (after telling it I had a satellite set-top box), it tells you to press "0" on the Satellite box's remote. It did its thing and then to my surprise, it said ... "Hey — I recognize your remote." That was all it took. Once I'd completed the setup process ... my media PC can now tune my DirecTV set-top box ... and thus I finally have a workable HTPC with PVR functionality.

Hoorah! This one has taken me forever to figure out! Hope this helps someone else and saves them a lot of effort and frustration.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts