HTS Tracker System V Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StarGazer1951

Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Kansas City
Greetings from an extremely new newby.
I was recently given a TVRO dish and receiver free for the taking. After spending the last 40 plus years scanning the HF bands I feel ready to explore a new part of the spectrum. I have been researching, scrapping rust, reading, painting, learning and getting the dish ready for summer installation. I have obtained the following:
+ 8 or 9 ft. alumminum dish (need to measure it someday) in good condition. Very smooth with no deformation, hail damage, etc.
+ Rusty back frame & braces (now cleaned and painted)
+ Actuator (looks clean - not yet tested)
+ Corroded, yucky looking feedhorn. (Thinking about purchasing a Chapparl Corotator II.)
+ Very clean C and Ku band LNBs (removed from service on other dishes that were being removed from service)
+ Rusted feed struts with end on one broken (Thinking about have a set re-machined from the originals)
+ Functioning HTS Tracker System V (it lights up - I may hook it up to a dish at work aimed at AMC-1.)

I'm fairly confident of working through most of the issues, except for the receiver. Two questions:

1. Where could I locate a manual?
2. Is is absolutely necessary to have a remote? If so, any ideas of where I could locate one? (I've already tried Ebay.)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us!

Keep us updated as you get closer to putting the dish up, most of us here salvage older dishes, and its always fun to watch the progress as one is put back into service :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts