Hughes elliptical dish and FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mo59

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Hi Folks,
I have an old Hughes elliptical dish (similar in size to the superdish) can I use it with a linear LNBF to receive the FTA and also Echostar on 121?
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum. The Phase III dish is not much use for FTA, I tried and managed to get some real strong channels /TP. But as soon as the rain starts you would lose the signal real fast, a 30" dish is about as small as you want to go for FTA!

Pete,
Thank you so much. I'll get a 30" dish. I will see if it will get the echostar on 121 too.

Thanks

well, PSB has said there is nothing on 121 yet you want to pick up something. Please note this is no hack talk site :)

No haking intentions here. I just wanted to ask if I can attach the Hughes dish (21" x 33") using a FSS LNBF to my Dish 500 so I can get the international on 121 and any futre FTA on 121. Thanks.

Let me clarify, Now I am using that dish with a circular LNB to get the international from 148 and a 3800 receiver using a sw21. I am thinking of replacing the circular LNB with an FSS LNBF using the 21"X 33" dish and adjusting it to face 121 I was wondering if any one have done that before and what was the results. Thanks.

a 21x33 dish will work for any linear satellite
121, 103, 105, 101, 97, etc

The dish size is a little small for the weaker signals but should work fine :)

I have used a 35x20 DirecPC dish for KU band and had no issues with it

Thank you so much Iceberg, I'll keep you posted after I finish with the installation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)