Hughes GAEB0A reloading story/question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Panther

Jan 30, 2005
I complained enough about the recent Hughes GAEBOA reloading problem and D* agreed to send me a new receiver and give me credit on my bill for the problem. I received the new receiver and it is a Hughes SD HBH. I have to hook this up and call D* to get the credit on my bill (probably about 2 weeks worth.) I was looking at the features of the SD HBH and it doesn't compare to my GAEBOA. I haven't had the problems that I had last week since their software upgrade caused all the problems. If I keep the SD HBH, I have to send back the GAEBOA. Should I just keep the GAEBOA? Should I call and complain that the SD HBH is an inferior replacement? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I would keep the GAEBOA. My GAEBOA isn't rebooting itself anymore either, and is IMO a better receiver.

Al

This is why you should have waited for a resolution instead of making demands for more, its why I absolutely refused to send out any boxes for people because:

1. Can't say you wouldn't have been sent another GAEBOA, and if the problem hasn't been resolved when you get it you'll have it with the replacement as well. Only order I would have placed to resolve this problem was to replace the box with a DVR (win for everyone!).

2. The scenario above - problem gets fixed, replacement no longer necessary, grass is always greener syndrome.

3. Problem fixed, no replacements necessary.

A combination of 1 and 3 fixed this problem, you fell under number 3, but were impatient.

Well, Elstevo here is the situation:

1. I didn't demand anything. I called three times- once when I first noticed the problem and was told that it would be fixed in 48 hours. The second time I called was 3 days later because the reloading/frozen screen was worse. I was told that it should be fixed in another 48 hours. The final time I called was 5 days later after the problem still existed and all I did was give my name and phone number. I was then immediately asked if I was still having problems and was told that Directv was replacing all the GAEBOA's with new receivers because they received a bad software upgrade and couldn't be fixed.

2. How did I know that the problem was going to be fixed? I didn't so therefore your grass is always greener analogy is wrong. I asked if I would receive a receiver with equal features since this problem wasn't caused by anything I did, and I was told that no one knew what was going to be sent out. But they did ask me what color mine was- silver or black- so I guess they could choose that. Just for the record, I said silver and received a black one.

3. Once again, I was never told the problem was going to be fixed. It was acutally the opposite. I was told that it was unfixable and that's why new receivers were being sent out. So you are wrong again about being impatient. I was actually rather patient suffering through10 days of being able to watch TV 5 min. at a time before the receiver would shut it self off, freeze up, and then reload.

All I asked is for people opinions regarding the receivers and not your criticism of the way I handled the situation when you didn't even know the whole story. Bottom line - Directv caused this problem and they are responsible for fixing it.

Many people I know get a SD HBH too as a replacement. SD HBH is a "Director's Pack", not a "Executive Director's Pack". It might be newer, but just not as good as the GAEBOA.

mcsj said:
Many people I know get a SD HBH too as a replacement. SD HBH is a "Director's Pack", not a "Executive Director's Pack". It might be newer, but just not as good as the GAEBOA.

executive director's packs are GCEBOA's. NOT GAEBOA's.

So if the HBH is a newer GAEBOA, what is it lacking?

what is the difference between the GAEBOA and the SD HBH?

MRTRIPOD said:
and the sd hbh looks like it has a sh!tty ugly remote.

the gaeboa's have the BEST remote I have EVER used!

But the D* return instruction says you don't have to send back the old remote... you can use your old remote on your new receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)