Hughes HD Receiver remote ?, FOX HD ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dkheersink

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
Mountain Brook, AL
Hello. I have a Hughes HD Receiver and can't figure out or find a post in the forum about how to program my remote to be able to, under Satellite mode, change the volume of my Sony receiver (which I run the audio through directly via Optical). Currently, in SAT mode the volume button changes the TV volume which is worthless to me as I have an LCD projector and like I said run my audio directly to my receiver. As it stands right now every time I want to change the channel and then the volume (since every channel's volume is different), I first have to push "SAT", then change the channel, then push "AUX", then change the volume, then push "SAT" again if I want to change the channel again. My old E* PVR receiver's remote let me program it to designate the volume button as changing my receiver volume ONLY when in SAT mode, and not the TV volume. Is there a way to do this with the Hughes HTL-HD remote as well? I am sick and tired of going back and forth, back and forth, every time I want to change the channel. Common sense would dictate that since they have included 2 means (optical and digital coax) of directly hooking up audio to a receiver that this function of the volume button controlling the receiver in SAT mode exists, but the manual says nothing about it. Thanks for any help.

Also, this may have already been posted in another thread, but will FOX HD simply be a feed of the FOX 5's HD signal in New York, like NBC HD is simply WNBC-DT broadcast over satellite? I live in Birmingham which luckily has both a FOX O&O and an NBC O&O, and it would be great to get FOX 5 just like I get NewsChannel 4. Thanks!

Damion

There are documented issue with Sony receivers and the HTL-HD on this forum. I know the ES series seems to be okay but some of the lower end models will not work, even with the codes provided.

I know it does not help you today but I would HIGHLY recommend purchasing a Harmony remote. I have been using the H659 which I reviewed and I have been nothing short of very happy with it. I got mine from Abe's of Maine for 120.00 shipped. Like I said, does not help you today, but I wish I would have purchased a Harmony 2 years ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)