Hughes HTL-HD/Sony HD200-does the ATSC tuner work without the access card?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mini1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
Hello everyone out there in satellite land! I would like to know for certain if the Hughes HTL-HD's and the Sony HD200 ATSC receiver can operate without the access card? I have searched and I seem to finding both yes and no. Can anyone tell me for sure? :)
Thank you!!

so both will work, and will FULLY operate (Be able to scan for new ATSC channels at a new location?) Will they give constand error or insert the card messages?
Thank you Robert!!!

mini1 said:
so both will work, and will FULLY operate (Be able to scan for new ATSC channels at a new location?) Will they give constand error or insert the card messages?
Thank you Robert!!!

I know on my RCA 210 it works. There is a dish configuration menu. You can select no dish and as such will act as a stand alone. No card is required.
Your receiver might work the same way

If you have any trouble PM me and I'll send you a DIRECTV access card at no charge.

BTW, next week I am getting a few factory refurbished LSS-3200As and HD-SAT520s.

-Robert

mini1 said:
anyone? Robert maybe?
I wouldn't know. My brand spanking new Mitsu has built-in dual ATSC tuners :D Sorry .. just felt like praising myself for a minute. I am so proud.

well, thats too bad! When we are all on generation 6 or 7 ATSC tuners, you'll still be stuck on 5.
Robert-thank you for your help once again!!!! If I do end up needing a card, I'll let you know.
How much is the refurb 3200A going to cost?

fat car mini1

The LSS-3200A's will go for $299. with a 90 day warranty with all accessories and manual.

It looks like we may also get more HD-SAT520's

These are absolutely the best DIRECTV HD STB's ever made. When DIRECTV goes MPEG-4, giving up this receiver will break your heart and make you cry.

I hope they will let you keep them and don't require you to return them for your free MPEG-2/4 upgrade as they are excellent ATSC tuners and MPEG-2 decoders. I love the blue mini-florescent tube front panel display for the channel, mode and resolution output display.

These are all of the remaining inventory LG has so we will never see this great box again. Personally I am keeping one as my reference IRD.

-Robert

does the H10 work without an access card only for ATSC tuning?
Thanks!

Does anyone happen to know the model number for the HTL-HD's remote?
Thanks!

HRMC-17 is the correct model number..

Unfortunately I have only found it for nothing less than $65.00...Jeez, I only payed $300 for the receiver and remote brand new...

14 or 17 can be used with the HTL-HD. 14 is the most common one that came with the unit. I found this out elsewhere online. 14 is $15 on ebay, but they don't come up that much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts