Hughes HTLHD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alan Gordon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Dawson, GA
Just thought I would mention it, to those who are interested, that Circuit City's website now has this receiver listed as going for $299.

~Alan

Alan Gordon said:
Just thought I would mention it, to those who are interested, that Circuit City's website now has this receiver listed as going for $299.

~Alan
Gee thanks. I was excited when I saw that in the paper. But now, thanks to you, they're gonna be out of stock when I go there later this week. :p

;)

I was going to pick one up, but I called DirecTV and told them I currently have a Dish 6000 for HD only. I asked what they could do for me and they offered me the Hughes or Samsung for $99.00 including a 4x8 multiswitch. Installation is scheduled for next Saturday. I will pull the plug on Dish after seven years next weekend!

Phil T said:
I was going to pick one up, but I called DirecTV and told them I currently have a Dish 6000 for HD only. I asked what they could do for me and they offered me the Hughes or Samsung for $99.00 including a 4x8 multiswitch. Installation is scheduled for next Saturday. I will pull the plug on Dish after seven years next weekend!

I'm debating whether or not to get it. I don't have my HDTV yet, but I can go ahead and enjoy it anyway. I was planning on waiting and getting the HDTIVO late this year, but I like the $299 price tag much better. I'm just wondering if I should wait until DirecTV starts standardizing receivers before I get a receiver, or if all their plans will be software upgradable for the HTL. Oh well, I'll make up my mind soon...

~Alan

Phil T, you said you got the $99 deal, but you are leaving E*. Were you already a D* subscriber? I thought you had to be a current sub of D* to get this deal.

I am currently a E* sub that is looking to move to D* but I really need to get a good deal on an HD receiver (less than the $399 shown on their site). I am ready to move to DirectTivo as well, but I am hoping for a deal to come to come out for the HD receiver.
Thanks.

I have two DirecTivos I purchased in November. I kept my Dish 6000 for the HD pack only - $9.99 + $5.00 access fee. I saw the Hughes HTLHD last week at Soundtrack in Denver going for $299.00. I was going to buy one but thought I would try the $99.00 deal first. I read that it was only for 2 year+ subscribers, but they offered it to me right away when I told them they could get my $15.00 per month instead of Dish.

Thanks, Phil T.

I was hoping it would work for new subs at D* too.

I guess I should switch over and then see if I get the $99 or $150 deal in the next few months.

Phil T said:
I have two DirecTivos I purchased in November. I kept my Dish 6000 for the HD pack only - $9.99 + $5.00 access fee. I saw the Hughes HTLHD last week at Soundtrack in Denver going for $299.00. I was going to buy one but thought I would try the $99.00 deal first. I read that it was only for 2 year+ subscribers, but they offered it to me right away when I told them they could get my $15.00 per month instead of Dish.

Are you saying that you have been a D sub since Nov 2003? They gave you the $99 deal after 4 months?

I got my credit today! Get a load of this...

High-Definition System Charge $399.00

Shipping/Handling $24.95
Tax $1.73

1 Year commitment Charge $0.00

Credit: Equipment or Install -$357.59

Total cost for HD receiver and 4x8 multiswitch and installation $68.09

I am feeling the joy!!!! :)

Just thought I'd mention it that Circuit City is NOW selling the Hughes HTL-HD for $249.99. I think I'm going to take advantage of Price-Match Plus and get me the difference! :)

~Alan

Alan Gordon said:
Just thought I'd mention it that Circuit City is NOW selling the Hughes HTL-HD for $249.99. I think I'm going to take advantage of Price-Match Plus and get me the difference! :)

~Alan

Isn't it weird that D* is still selling it directly for $399 on their website? And, you don't even know which model you get!

GaryPen said:
Isn't it weird that D* is still selling it directly for $399 on their website? And, you don't even know which model you get!

It's weird to me that I get there and they have the $299 price tag in the store, but their website lists it for $249. I got them to price match it for me and got $58 dollars credited to my credit card.

I activated the receiver yesterday, and got the HD Pack even though I don't have an HDTV yet, the picture still looks GREAT on my Akai 30-inch Widescreen...and I'm happy with the receiver. It works fine for me, except I wish I could figure out a way to make the guide default to the "Custom" guide instead of the "All" guide. I wish there was a way I could get it to upgrade to the newest software without having to wait until it gets sent to me. AND I wish I could get my local digital stations in, but that's not the receiver's fault. :(

~Alan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)