Hughes HTLHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alan Gordon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Dawson, GA
Just thought I would mention it, to those who are interested, that Circuit City's website now has this receiver listed as going for $299.

~Alan

Alan Gordon said:
Just thought I would mention it, to those who are interested, that Circuit City's website now has this receiver listed as going for $299.

~Alan
Gee thanks. I was excited when I saw that in the paper. But now, thanks to you, they're gonna be out of stock when I go there later this week. :p

;)

I was going to pick one up, but I called DirecTV and told them I currently have a Dish 6000 for HD only. I asked what they could do for me and they offered me the Hughes or Samsung for $99.00 including a 4x8 multiswitch. Installation is scheduled for next Saturday. I will pull the plug on Dish after seven years next weekend!

Phil T said:
I was going to pick one up, but I called DirecTV and told them I currently have a Dish 6000 for HD only. I asked what they could do for me and they offered me the Hughes or Samsung for $99.00 including a 4x8 multiswitch. Installation is scheduled for next Saturday. I will pull the plug on Dish after seven years next weekend!

I'm debating whether or not to get it. I don't have my HDTV yet, but I can go ahead and enjoy it anyway. I was planning on waiting and getting the HDTIVO late this year, but I like the $299 price tag much better. I'm just wondering if I should wait until DirecTV starts standardizing receivers before I get a receiver, or if all their plans will be software upgradable for the HTL. Oh well, I'll make up my mind soon...

~Alan

Phil T, you said you got the $99 deal, but you are leaving E*. Were you already a D* subscriber? I thought you had to be a current sub of D* to get this deal.

I am currently a E* sub that is looking to move to D* but I really need to get a good deal on an HD receiver (less than the $399 shown on their site). I am ready to move to DirectTivo as well, but I am hoping for a deal to come to come out for the HD receiver.
Thanks.

I have two DirecTivos I purchased in November. I kept my Dish 6000 for the HD pack only - $9.99 + $5.00 access fee. I saw the Hughes HTLHD last week at Soundtrack in Denver going for $299.00. I was going to buy one but thought I would try the $99.00 deal first. I read that it was only for 2 year+ subscribers, but they offered it to me right away when I told them they could get my $15.00 per month instead of Dish.

Thanks, Phil T.

I was hoping it would work for new subs at D* too.

I guess I should switch over and then see if I get the $99 or $150 deal in the next few months.

Phil T said:
I have two DirecTivos I purchased in November. I kept my Dish 6000 for the HD pack only - $9.99 + $5.00 access fee. I saw the Hughes HTLHD last week at Soundtrack in Denver going for $299.00. I was going to buy one but thought I would try the $99.00 deal first. I read that it was only for 2 year+ subscribers, but they offered it to me right away when I told them they could get my $15.00 per month instead of Dish.

Are you saying that you have been a D sub since Nov 2003? They gave you the $99 deal after 4 months?

I got my credit today! Get a load of this...

High-Definition System Charge $399.00

Shipping/Handling $24.95
Tax $1.73

1 Year commitment Charge $0.00

Credit: Equipment or Install -$357.59

Total cost for HD receiver and 4x8 multiswitch and installation $68.09

I am feeling the joy!!!! :)

Just thought I'd mention it that Circuit City is NOW selling the Hughes HTL-HD for $249.99. I think I'm going to take advantage of Price-Match Plus and get me the difference! :)

~Alan

Alan Gordon said:
Just thought I'd mention it that Circuit City is NOW selling the Hughes HTL-HD for $249.99. I think I'm going to take advantage of Price-Match Plus and get me the difference! :)

~Alan

Isn't it weird that D* is still selling it directly for $399 on their website? And, you don't even know which model you get!

GaryPen said:
Isn't it weird that D* is still selling it directly for $399 on their website? And, you don't even know which model you get!

It's weird to me that I get there and they have the $299 price tag in the store, but their website lists it for $249. I got them to price match it for me and got $58 dollars credited to my credit card.

I activated the receiver yesterday, and got the HD Pack even though I don't have an HDTV yet, the picture still looks GREAT on my Akai 30-inch Widescreen...and I'm happy with the receiver. It works fine for me, except I wish I could figure out a way to make the guide default to the "Custom" guide instead of the "All" guide. I wish there was a way I could get it to upgrade to the newest software without having to wait until it gets sent to me. AND I wish I could get my local digital stations in, but that's not the receiver's fault. :(

~Alan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)