Hughes ready to release HN7000s

some screenshots of the new advanced setup and the installation cd.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 266
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 243
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 254
I will be a new customer soon, should I wait til after august 1st to order. And do I request the 7000 series modems? I want the best that they offer

TIA

:) yes! and more specifically the"HN7000S" they have a slightly older DW7000. if you live in the northern states i would think about a .89m dish with 2 watt transmiter. it wont help speeds as much as stabilizing from signal loss during inclament weather. speeds are always lower than advertised. if you think you will have full speed, you will not most of the time. my general rule is you lose 25% from advertised speeds because of network loads and interference. it's a fantastic replacement for dial up or slow dsl areas. i just don't want to see you disappointed from high expectations. its a good system run by a good company! Tate just got some in he really knows the bus. maybe he can help if your near him.:hatsoff:

First speed test

If you have trouble viewing try zooming in.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 259
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 249
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    205.6 KB · Views: 251
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 229
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
mark319 said:
I will be a new customer soon, should I wait til after august 1st to order. And do I request the 7000 series modems? I want the best that they offer

TIA

Any account built after July 24 should be the HN7000s. What state are you in?

:hatsoff: not bad speeds. i just hope they stay that way! whats the current software version? i think they put out two seance mines been in the shop. maybe they got it! did you get the installers field guide i tried to send it via pm but don't know how the pm of this board wont let me?. its in adobe format.

Last edited:
tate! have you heard anything about current customer upgrading to the hn7000s? and I'm still waiting to get mine back. i emailed them last Monday they were sending it to "HW enginering"? who ever they are? do you think i will ever see it again? and how often should i bug them? i want to know whats going on but i don't want to piss them off. is once a week OK? the last word i got was "i will see what i can do about sending you out another unit" thanks! o how are they working for you?

Start here.
https://sf1.hns.com/upgrade/index.cfm

Never heard of HW enginering. I would just keep bugging till you get a definite answer.

Here's what I know about the satellite part of upgrading installing etc.

The new service plan is only available with the HN7000s, it is 1.5M down. I think the up will be around 300. It is called the ProPlus plan.

The only transponder that will work with the DVB-S2 is on IA6 1433.5
SM5 is the back up bird for no line of site, etc but it will only work as DVB-S modulation.

I am sure any bird will work the the HN7000 modem but will only work as a DW7000 so more than likely any upgrade will be required to move as of right now.

kennyaf said:
I just did an up speed with my dw7000, came back 51. a little disappointing. I used toast.n

To get an accurate reading use 3 differant sites 3 differant times. Also curtain times will be slower depending on what setup you have.

What transponder are you on?
What PC setup do you have?
What kind of antivirius, toolbars, internet securety, etc do you have?
When is the last time you have cleaned your PC up?

I had a direcway installer in feb put in the system. Then Hughes took over so I am not sure of the sat it is on. I have a very cluddered home built with xp running. Yes I do have mcafee antivirus, firewalls, protected router, etc.
I have tried the same test on a clean laptop running xp home, not that much faster.
I got this set up to get cheap phone service, voip. That way I could justify the cost of it all. The phone has about a 3 sec. lag.
I do like the faster down load speeds.

go to 192.168.0.1 go under system info and your satellite info will be there.

I am headed for bed tonight but post the results and also your signal and what state you are in and I will help you futher tommorrow.

The Tate said:
go to 192.168.0.1 go under system info and your satellite info will be there.

I am headed for bed tonight but post the results and also your signal and what state you are in and I will help you futher tommorrow.

My signal strength is 73
I just did a test through the hughes site 495 down and 192 up. One test through charter ndt 501.95 down and 2.13 mb up. Strange result comparisons.
My location is Michigan. I am not an expert only a user.

:wave can you go to (192.168.0.1) and under the system info it will list the sat and transponder its kind of important to know what your on to diagnose. are you on a regular home plan if so 495d/192u is not bad what time of day did you test? and where are you approx? by the way the voip delay is not only because of the speeds but because its sat. it takes time for the signal to travel to the sat then back down. that's the delay you are hearing. tips for speeds for me are clean and defrag disk weekly if not more often. reboot the comp and modem daily. reset most of your IE to default. keep software up to date. hn busy times are during work hours. unlike cable that's the opposite. do you have weather bug? check the weather at noc the weather effects the sat both directions. your best speeds and signal strength will be late night in clear weather. even the lightest cloud cover will effect it slightly.

hobojoe said:
:wave can you go to (192.168.0.1) and under the system info it will list the sat and transponder its kind of important to know what your on to diagnose. are you on a regular home plan if so 495d/192u is not bad what time of day did you test? and where are you approx? by the way the voip delay is not only because of the speeds but because its sat. it takes time for the signal to travel to the sat then back down. that's the delay you are hearing. tips for speeds for me are clean and defrag disk weekly if not more often. reboot the comp and modem daily. reset most of your IE to default. keep software up to date. hn busy times are during work hours. unlike cable that's the opposite. do you have weather bug? check the weather at noc the weather effects the sat both directions. your best speeds and signal strength will be late night in clear weather. even the lightest cloud cover will effect it slightly.

I have gone to that ip and under system info it tells me 83 west and receiver frequency 1290 mhz. My paper work that I had been trying to find and finally found says it is on satellite AMC9, which is 83 west and transponder 1290 is crossed out and 19K wrote in beside it. I did that test at about 2 pm very clear and hot out. I am located in south western michigan about 10 miles from lake michigan. I don't usually shut off my computer or modem but I will try it. After going from dial up at 22-24k I don't think that I could ever give this up. But I guess I always looking for faster speeds. Thanks for your advice, I will give it a try.

the info on that screen is always current so the paper is wrong. Tate will hopefully give you some insight to that sat from what i have heard its a good sat for you. you are in line with it (north/south) and not trying to look all the way west to satmex5 which is over the west coast. yours is over est Texas. rebooting causes it to range or fine tune itsself there is a way to force range but its just as easy to reboot. your speeds on a regular home plan at 2pm are very good! if you ever wake up one night try a test at 1-4am just so you can see the difference in network load. Tate will also know about signal strength on that sat but it looks good to me. signal should increase at night. in late Oct afternoons for 15-25min each day you will see sun outages this is normal. its because the sun gets right behind the sat overpowering the signal with the suns radiation. your system seems ok to me we all get slow speeds at times even down to 200down 25up was the slowest i have ever had. and it only lasted a short time.

beta testing continues!

just received today! Hello HN7000S Beta Testers!

We will be downloading a new code (HN software) to you this morning. The software release is out of sequence but, the reason for this is so that we can test AIS without testing some of the other fixes that are in the current release. The new software is 5.3.0.21 and includes Adapter Inroute Selection (AIS). AIS allows remote sites to connect to a different inroute when the inroute the remote is currently on is overloaded and/or has issues. We will be running some back-end testing on AIS and may ask for your assistance during this testing.

Please expect to receive the 5.3.0.21 software sometime this morning. Check your System Info page later on today and verify that you did, in fact, receive the 5.3.0.21 release. If you did not receive it by early afternoon today, please respond to this email letting me know so I can follow up on it.

Thank you for your assistance.
HN7000S Beta Manager
looks like they are finally working on the real problem all along! when i force the inroute to a higher group say group 101 from 96 speeds always increase sometimes even better than your plan states. if they get this right service is going to get 100% better overnight!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)