Hughes ready to release HN7000s

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
To: All Active Broadband Dealers

Introducing the new HN7000S Systems

Beginning as early as July, Hughes will begin to introduce the new HN7000 modems to consumers. The introduction of the HN7000 unit will allow consumers to take advantage of the 2nd-generation satellite broadband application "DVB-S2", which provides enhancements thru increased NOC capacity and out-route traffic. In addition, the new application will allow the system to adjust to obtain the best transmission rates.

In addition to the new HN7000 modems, Hughes will also be introducing a new Radio Unit, aptly named the Anubis. Anubis was the Egyptian god who laid Osiris to rest...hence, the Anubis radio unit is ultimately planned to replace the current Osiris radio units. The Anubis will have two variants, one of which will be a lead-free unit and will meet RoHS (Restriction of the use of Hazardous Substances) standards. Although both units are interchangeable, the lead-free unit will be Hughes' first step into beginning to produce RoHS products to meet RoHS-compliant products.

Accompanying the introduction of the HN7000 system and the RoHS compliant Radio Units, is the planned introduction of the HughesNet Activation CD. The Activation CD is planned to be included with the HN7000 system and to be used when performing the installation. Use of the Installation application will verify the customer's PC meets minimum hardware requirements, while also preparing the customer's computer for use with the HN7000 system by maximizing the computer's settings.

Additional details concerning the HN7000, Anubis radio unit and Hughes Activation CD will be released as the introduction of each item nears. To prepare for the introduction of these units, Hughes has prepared a new Installer certification course and test; the HNS7000S Consumer Installation Course and HNS7000S Consumer Installation Certification Test. To prepare for the introduction of the soon-to-be-released items, each DiRECWAY-certified DW7000 Installation Technician is required to visit the HughesNet Learning website () and complete the HNS7000S Installation course and the HNS7000S Certification test.

Attached is a document providing complete instructions for accessing the site, updating the Profile and completing the curriculum. Each Installer should complete the process on his or her own. Please ensure each Installer has completed the task by July 17th. Doing so will ensure the Installer and your Dealership are prepared to continue to perform HughesNet installations once the new technology is introduced.

For those of you who have been around thru the DiRECPC, DW4000, DW6000 and ultimately the DW7000 days...the planned introduction of the new technologies is yet another step in providing a better customer experience with HughesNet products...and one step closer to the much anticipated introduction of the Spaceway system. Please ensure your Dealership is prepared, by ensuring each Installation Technician is prepared by completing the newly introduced certification curriculum as quickly as possible. Great things lay ahead!!

There will also be a CD that comes with this modem that you will need to run to check to see if the customers PC is compatable with the modem.

Attachments

• FSB_060703_01A_Activation_CD.zip
    423.7 KB · Views: 1,181
:) wow I'm beta testing it and we didn't get a CD? its still got a few bugs to work out! the installers info they had us review was fantastic easy to read and understand!!!

question about this. read the FSB about the new Activation cd, says to use it on SINGLE PC installs. my question is, anyone know what to do with networked installs? do those installs stay the same? or is there a seperate CD for networks?

bill93civic said:
question about this. read the FSB about the new Activation cd, says to use it on SINGLE PC installs. my question is, anyone know what to do with networked installs? do those installs stay the same? or is there a seperate CD for networks?

The CD is just to set up the modem and account. If you want to network just plug a router or switch into the modem. The operation of this modem is going to be just like the 7000. If you are a certified installer go to the mylearning website to take the test on the modem.

The Tate said:
The CD is just to set up the modem and account. If you want to network just plug a router or switch into the modem. The operation of this modem is going to be just like the 7000. If you are a certified installer go to the mylearning website to take the test on the modem.

thanx for the info, ill head over there and check it out.

last update i got for the hn7000s really sucks! speeds slower than dail up. i think they have a long way to go yet any rummer of a release date yet?

:( hughesnet confirms we are just about done with beta testing even though there still working on problems. will they just abandon any further efforts to fix it? there are quite a few major problems including complete failures. i also cannot get a direct answer if they are going to let us keep the units. i bet they will offer a discount or something. o well!

hobojoe said:
:( hughesnet confirms we are just about done with beta testing even though there still working on problems. will they just abandon any further efforts to fix it? there are quite a few major problems including complete failures. i also cannot get a direct answer if they are going to let us keep the units. i bet they will offer a discount or something. o well!

They will work the bugs out with the first or second software upgrades after the system is released hopefully. They hope for a nation wide release by the end of the month.

I have checked the training web site and the HN7000 isn't even on there? Nor has RSI sent any notice of this. Wonder if this is not being released in the NorthWest?

Our distributor is P10. I took my test on it 2 weeks ago. Check with RSI and tell them to put the test on your number.

This is the modem that is going to replace the current 7000 so yes it will be released everywere.

not done yet! there still testing and new firmware today! wonder if they are going to make the Aug 1 release date? very little information comes from hn. they tell us very little. its actually disappointing how little.:(

I'll post my installation experiace tommorrow night. I found out we have to do an AOT change for all orders built before the 24th of this month, so that means for about a week tech support will be hell.