Hughes Receiver Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

speedway

Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
Can anyone tell me for sure if the Hughes SD-HBH Receivers are the same thing as the Hughes SD-HBH Director Pack ? are there any difference in them? and is the Hughes SD-HBH Director Pack Receiver is it multi-satellite ready to work with the 72.5 satellite for locals? thanks

speedway said:
Can anyone tell me for sure if the Hughes SD-HBH Receivers are the same thing as the Hughes SD-HBH Director Pack ? are there any difference in them? and is the Hughes SD-HBH Director Pack Receiver is it multi-satellite ready to work with the 72.5 satellite for locals? thanks

I've got a stack of 20 HBD Director Packs in my garage (HBD units are the same as the HBH, the "D" instead of the "H" might have been something they put on them to designate them as units going directly to Directv instead of commercial vendors). As for the "Director's Pack" name, I think what they are calling the Director's Pack is the package of wires bundled inside the box. Some other Hughes units only came with the manual, remote, coax & the phoneline. These come with manual, remote, coax, phoneline, A/V & S-video cables as well as a channel guide. Has someone quoted you a price difference for the two? If so ask them what the difference is, cuz as far as I can tell there is none.

There are 2 models of the "Director's Pack" receiver that Hughes made - SD-HBH & the HBH-SA. The only differences between the 2 are:
- SD-HBH only has a 3-day guide; the HBH-SA has a 7-day guide
- The remote that typically comes with the SD-HBH is missing some direct function buttons that come on the HBH-SA remote, such as the SEARCH, TURBO, FAV, which I would miss myself

Other than the above, there's no other differences between the receivers. (& yes, both will work w/the 72.5 bird)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)