Hughes Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
I have an old Hughes receiver that I got when I was first with D* about 4-5 years ago. I would like to use this receiver because the remote can control my old VCR/TV combo tv in the bedroom and the new remote cant.

Am I able to call and reactivate this receiver in place if the new one that I have?

Thanks

I have an old Hughes receiver that I got when I was first with D* about 4-5 years ago. I would like to use this receiver because the remote can control my old VCR/TV combo tv in the bedroom and the new remote cant.

Am I able to call and reactivate this receiver in place if the new one that I have?

Thanks

What is the New one ?
Yes you CAN activate it, but you will not get any of the HD MPEG4 only channels, so if you want to watch anything HD, it will be on the mpeg2 channel, if available.
I'm guessing that it's an HD variety (E86 or something like that)

Jimbo

Last edited:

Thanks
I have 4 of them in my closet. I usually activate one for one month when I go up to our Condo in Mammoth. They will still work, but they may need to send you a new card when you call to activate it.

What is the New one ?
Yes you CAN activate it, but you will not het any of the HD MPEG4 only channels, so if you want to watch anything HD, it will be on the mpeg2 channel, if available.
I'm guessing that it's an HD variety (E86 or something like that)

Jimbo
They are not HD receivers anyway...

To try and get the new white remote to control your tv/vcr combo, do a codesearch of vcr codes, but not by power, search by volume. With tv/vcr on:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 1, wait two blinks
4. enter 2
5. press and release VOL UP
6. while pointing the remote at the tv, keep pressing and releasing the CH UP key, if and when the volume changes
7. press SELECT to lock in code

to get the volume and punch it through to all devices:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)