Hughesnet Install price and other questions

LaserZX

Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Hughes told me 199.00 for starts to install a used equipment system. Is that totally correct?

can I do a self install and would they activate it

any pros and cons I have installed every other dish so far I know this one has more issues to address.

I just want Hughesnet until I can get DSL Currently using Skyway

If it is a 7000s youcan install it yourself and have it ativated.

If its a 9000 you must have an installer. The concinous for the 9000 is that you are better off to just get the new sytem and forget trying to use used stuff.

yea if its the spaceway HN9000 system, you will definitely want an installer to install it, or buy a DAPT and do a bit of research. Good luck if you do it yourself.

Before you spend a nickel, you should contact Hughes Billing department about what their current service commitment is for commissioning used equipment. You don't want to get stuck with a 24 month Hughes gig, only to find DSL available 9 months later.

//greg//

I am a Hughes dealer and I see some very sound advice here.

You could not do the $99.00 program with used equipment since that deal only applies to the lease of new Hughes equipment.

The stated value of a new install (labor only) is, indeed, $199.99. You will want to check locally to see if that applies to the install of used equipment.

And, yes, do verify contractual obligations with Hughes even when dealing with used equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts