Hughesnet used equipment

Would an account have to be built or does the customer just call hughes and tells them they want their system activated?

Anytime someone has to get service for the first time then they have to build an account in order to bill you for service and turn your service whether you used new equipment or used equipment.

Anytime someone has to get service for the first time then they have to build an account in order to bill you for service and turn your service whether you used new equipment or used equipment.

but they wouldnt have to sign a contract if they had their own equipment. right?

not contract. call Hughes before it is installed. tell them you want to set up a account for a customer with used equipment. I think they will still need a CC for the first months payment but there will be not contract.

How much value would you get if you take up HughesNet. I've been looking around and don't know whether to use them. I don't know much about it.
Anybody have any suggestions?http:///www.elitesat.com/hughesnet.asp

If you do go with Hughes I would not go with the company you have listed. They have false information on their website about the product vs. Wildblue.
Hughes has a new service called KA service coming out soon. If you are not in desperate need I would try to wait, but if you do have some other alternative other than satellite internet look into that service.

Were did you find this company? They are self proclaimed the number 1 dealer in the country, while they are bragging about themselves they say "Your installer will bring out new HughesNet satellite Internet equipment on the day of your installation. Our network of installers has access to our distribution centers coast to coast. This not only saves time, this also saves you money over Wildblue Satellite and DirecTV Internet."

Can someone explain to be what DirecTV Internet is? Last I checked DirecTV did not have a internet service of their own.

I thought I read that this new KA service was only going to be for businesses and that it was going to be a lot faster than what is available by satellite right now like 10-20 MB or something like that. Was they going to still have a very limited Fair Access Policy with their service?

I just searched the net looking at install and set-up packages and came across Hughes Net | $300 off, High Speed Hughes Internet and not knowing much about it I really need help.
Where do I get the best info for stuff like this?

here or Datastorm Users - The Premier Site For Mobile Satellite Internet and TV or the yahoo group rv2waysat.

ya got 3 basic flavors of consumer class 2 way satellite INTERNET

Hughes net, Wild Blue and Starband

if you are going to be moving your system around then skip looking at WB.

I am not sure but I believe HN new Ka service will not be a transportable option. like WB it will be usable only in it's assigned beam.

With the higher speed, will we get less of a FAP limit? If not then wouldnt that defeat part of the reason to get higher download rates?