Huh... just got upgraded for free

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
DirecTV just called and upgraded my last remaining HDTivo for free to the HR21. No lease fees, no extension to my contract. I had called them a week ago asking if there were any upgrades available, and they told me I'd have to pay $199 so it's nice to get it for free ;)

I don't see whats so bad about extending the contract. I love the service. The customer service is a little less then to be desired but, if I never I have to call, I never have to deal with it. I don't plan to leave any time soon. If I can get something such as a hd dvr for free with just renewing my contract I say rock on!

Same free deal I got after one of my OLD MPEG2 HD boxes fried a power supply. I too though see no issues with a contract ex.

I don't see whats so bad about extending the contract. I love the service. The customer service is a little less then to be desired but, if I never I have to call, I never have to deal with it. I don't plan to leave any time soon. If I can get something such as a hd dvr for free with just renewing my contract I say rock on!

I don't have a problem with adding a contract, because I am not going anywhere, but , they could update their contract situation to make it so once you have completed your original contract (2 years) you don't have a contract to deal with again if you upgrade, after all you've already been faithful and stayed 2 years with them.

Jimbo

Regardless if you add a receiver it ups the contract, if they do tell you it won't get them to confirm that with a mail or email. But don't freak out when the tech asks you to sign a Contract, we are required to have it signed or no install is performed.

Out of the blue I received a call from D* telling me that I was eligible for a free upgrade of an HD receiver.

I asked you're kidding right? I already have 2 H20's, 1 HR21/AM21!

She said what about the rec room receiver? Huh? Oh Yeah! H10 MPEG-2. So I said OK. Send it out and I'll hook it up!

No Deal, I HAD to have a Tech come out and install it ay N/C. Ok. Done deal.

The funny part, the tech couldn't figure out how to hook up the audio to both the TV and my receiver.

I haven't even bothered to check if my contract was extended. I don't care. after 12 years I'm not going anywhere any time soon.

Yeah, I told them to just ship me mine. I'll miss my poor old Tivo, but it gets little use these days anyway. I wonder if I could have bargained them for a reduced price on an HR21 Pro....

Regardless if you add a receiver it ups the contract, if they do tell you it won't get them to confirm that with a mail or email. But don't freak out when the tech asks you to sign a Contract, we are required to have it signed or no install is performed.

I just got a new receiver sent to me to replace my HDDVR that I was having many problems with. Online I do have a "No commitment offer" under my current services. Would that mean no new contract extention added???

I just got a new receiver sent to me to replace my HDDVR that I was having many problems with. Online I do have a "No commitment offer" under my current services. Would that mean no new contract extention added???

It would appear so to me.

Last edited:

yea it would but the tech is still required to have you sign a lease addendum for any receivers that come off his truck whether it's valid or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)