Hulu Coming to Roku?

Man, Im getting closer and closer to buying in now. Problem is, only shows I download now in HD from Amazon VOD, are not on Hulu. The Roku would really only add the potential to watch a network show for free, if I missed a recording, so Im still waiting to see what Google TV looks like.

It does, I just have TivoHD and BD85 that do that now. I like the TiVo's version, because it downloads the full show to the HDD. I really dont wanna add another box unless it brings something to the table. Hulu support would be nice, if the premier version goes somewhere.

What I really want is to use the TiVo for ALL local recording, drop Directv, and use something with 99 cent rentals in HD for cable programming, but thats just not here yet. Apple wont get a 99 cent deal with everyone.

I hope Hulu works with last year's version of Roku XDR that I have. It's a good little box when you can atually get the wireless to work properly for HD streams. I've heard the new boxes are better at wireless. I guess I bought mine a fews months too soon.

Disappointed! Thought this was already a service. Made decision to get a Roku last evening but then discovered Hulu on it is still all talk and no action.

Then I went to my XBOX and tried to watch a streaming movie and I kept getting error messages that Netflix is not available, please check back later. Tried Sony PS3 and same problem.

Then tried my ipad and same problem.

Tested XBOX live for HD movie trailers download and they played fine. About 4 hours later I was finally able to log into Netflix and watch the movie.

Has anyone else had this problem with IPTV services? This is worse than rain fade on satellite. I guess these services are still in development phase.

Disappointed! Thought this was already a service. Made decision to get a Roku last evening but then discovered Hulu on it is still all talk and no action.

Then I went to my XBOX and tried to watch a streaming movie and I kept getting error messages that Netflix is not available, please check back later. Tried Sony PS3 and same problem.

Then tried my ipad and same problem.

Tested XBOX live for HD movie trailers download and they played fine. About 4 hours later I was finally able to log into Netflix and watch the movie.

Has anyone else had this problem with IPTV services? This is worse than rain fade on satellite. I guess these services are still in development phase.

Nope, it appears you as good with these as you are with Bit Torrents.

It's very incomplete. I've given up on the services for now, and just centered more on a good package with Directv, and the TiVo for OTA. Maybe in another year or two, they'll move forward. They've all taken a big hit with NBC's and CBS's stance about 99 cent rentals. They either want you to pay a provider, or pay $2.99 an episode to download.

Don I noticed that last night as well. I would not let that one incident bother you too much, as it is the only time it has happened since I renewed my netflix membership. (of course it may happen more often and just is working again by the time I get ready to use it.)

Interesting! All services have their moments. It was the first bad experience in a month but after midnight had access and seemed to be back to normal. What I was wondering was if Netflix was outselling their ability to perform as claimed.

I hope Hulu works with last year's version of Roku XDR that I have. It's a good little box when you can atually get the wireless to work properly for HD streams. I've heard the new boxes are better at wireless. I guess I bought mine a fews months too soon.

It will. Hulu will not be on roku until November when all the roku boxes will get a firmware update. The Xdr will do 1080p come November.

Thing about Hulu Plus that bugs me is there is stuff I can watch on the computer that I can not watch with the PS3, or at least can not find anyway. Take Stargate Universe for example. The new shows are on the computer, search for them with the PS3 and nada. Hopefully that wil be fixed.

Thing about Hulu Plus that bugs me is there is stuff I can watch on the computer that I can not watch with the PS3, or at least can not find anyway. Take Stargate Universe for example. The new shows are on the computer, search for them with the PS3 and nada. Hopefully that wil be fixed.
Yeah, the search on the PS3 sucks. On the computer I can just type the name, with the PS3 it's half guessing where the show is.

I had the same issue with last week's episode of Fringe. We had a bad sat. signal so it didn't get recorded. Tried to find it on Hulu (under Fox) and couldn't, but did find it Hulu online.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)