Hurricane Frances headed my way ... peace and quiet to reign on SatGuys forum

It's looking ugly. Now their saying a possible Cat 5 storm. Not sure if it really matters, 'cause Cat 4 or 5 still means heavy damage.

Hope it misses you.....and anywhere for that matter and makes an abrupt turn and heads back into the atlantic.

I hope so, I got to take down the OTA and the Sat dish... don't know exactly when to do it, however I may have access to a generator if I do I'll be back on the air to see how everything looked, I have 2 digital cameras so Ill take pictures..

we just dodged a bullet here in TPA, so its back into the garage and house goes all the outside stuff. I may take down the OTA for this one. At least we're on the other coast, but cat3 is possible w/cat 2 a given

Dvlos, you've recently become my favorite poster. I'll miss you and hopefully so will Frances - though I hope it doesn't head this way, either.

DVLOS,

I also feel like I've bonded with you over the recent months & to show my good intentions I'll "Volunteer" to save your TV for you. Go ahead and ship it COD. Forget about the house man - SAVE YOUR TV!!! :D

Dvlos, it won't be the same around here without you, you are my "PQ" buddy.

Take care and stay safe.

Thanks, I already have a plan of action if my house floods .... RPTV and HT stuff goes on all the other furniture...My wife might be pissed that all the couches get ruined, who cares, when the hurricane passes and the power comes on, everyone will be watching crap SD on not wet furniture ... while I'll have my HD baby...I'm tempted to call Voom during the 'cane and say "I'm having rain fade problems."

Take care man, be safe!! I'm going to be in SC this weekend so I may experience some of this with you.

The wife and kids can always be replaced, SAVE THE TV!! :D

Dvlos said:
I'm tempted to call Voom during the 'cane and say "I'm having rain fade problems."

This is one of the funniest things I have ever read in this forum. ROTFLMAO!

Dvlos said:
I hope so, I got to take down the OTA and the Sat dish... don't know exactly when to do it, however I may have access to a generator if I do I'll be back on the air to see how everything looked, I have 2 digital cameras so Ill take pictures..

Yo, DV...

I am praying it will miss me also... Although, they have the eye passing over me in West Orange County (Winter Garden)..... They say that we are in for 100+ MPH Sustained winds (gusts to 125) for 20 HOURS!!! :no

Should I take down the dish/OTA?
Seriously, I need to know... :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts