Hurricane Gustav...Satellite on roof?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I say worry about your roof staying on! , Not your satellite staying on your roof! Satellite TV is the last thing that should be on your mind right now!. 17 or 7 same thing!

Where I live in Biloxi is NOT below sea level. AGAIN, I AM NOT IN NEW ORLEANS! YES, New Orleans is 80% under sea level. I LIVE IN BILOXI. I just asked a friggin' question and some troll responded. Can someone give me a non political response?

Wish I had saved the pic!

See a chimney laid horizontal in the middle of the intersection with an operational traffic signal. The DTV dish could be seen still bolted to the bricks. The caption was......."back charged for not attaching the dish to a secure part of the structure."

And so.........Send not for whom the bells toll. They toll for thee. If a dish antenna blows off in the south the system is at loss.

Cut the crap!

Joe

Last edited:
Ok guys just to update, I successfully took it off the roof. It was actually pretty easy. So no worries, I'm all prepared! Thanks for the help!

We survived somewhat unscathed! Gustav was just a bother. My setup was fine!
satsetup2.jpg

I did pretty good, hooking up the satellite back up tomorrow. I live over by the cowan-lorraine bridge, so I didn't get any flood, but around 5 ish I went over to bayou view and snapped some pics. Its pretty bad over there

n1084882695_30140424_2263.jpg

n1084882695_30140437_6394.jpg

n1084882695_30140426_2882.jpg

I would also like to say I went over to a cousins house who didn't take down their dish and we didn't lose DirecTV service at all. We also kept power and internet during the whole thing. I would like to thank DirecTV for the live WDSU feed, it helped alot.

When katrina hit they came out and re-aligned it for free. So im sure they would do it for this one.

Thing is, that would probably take FOREVER, It's still raining, haven't got a chance to put it up yet :(

I have everything taken care of inside my house, what i'm doing now is taking care of things outside. Already boarded up the windows, tied my AC unit down outside, and the only thing I have left is the satellite. My house is REALLY small, only one story. I think I will be alright though. I'm not sure if I'm going to evacuate yet. Thanks for everyones help!

Youngbloodz. Be safe. I live right in hurricane alley in south florida.

Number one priority is your safety.

Dont worry about the dish. It can be replaced.

Joel

When katrina hit they came out and re-aligned it for free. So im sure they would do it for this one.

Thing is, that would probably take FOREVER, It's still raining, haven't got a chance to put it up yet :(

Having done hurricane relief work for dbs customers in the past I can tell you that you could expect to wait as much as two months depending on the area and how hard it was hit. After the 04/05 season one of the biggest problems that technicians had was the lack of street signs wich was very prevailant in Florida and Louisiana and parts of Alabama. Another problem was the lack of mailboxes with house numbers on them and both ended up making it extremely difficult to find a customers home and add to that that alot of times the customers were never home.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts