HWS 204 Bugs

OK, will run a test on a 40.0 and a 52.0. I once had a 40.0 remote that had an Auxiliary Device setting that would not go away when the remote was paired to different Hopper. One example of needing a way to restore a remote control to default settings..
Didn't have any luck with both remote controls. Unpaired both remotes, took the batteries out and then pressed all the buttons for five seconds. Then held down the channel up button for about one minute several times. Put the batteries back in and paired the remotes to a different Hopper and Joey. The remote control name and TV settings were still there. The remote's back up power capacitor must be pretty large or there is something else in the remote that keeps the settings until changed to something else. What do you think JSheridan?

Reactions: JSheridan
Didn't have any luck with both remote controls. Unpaired both remotes, took the batteries out and then pressed all the buttons for five seconds. Then held down the channel up button for about one minute several times. Put the batteries back in and paired the remotes to a different Hopper and Joey. The remote control name and TV settings were still there. The remote's back up power capacitor must be pretty large or there is something else in the remote that keeps the settings until changed to something else. What do you think JSheridan?

I don't have anything else that I can think of. It really isn't a problem so I haven't given it much thought. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't have anything else that I can think of. It really isn't a problem so I haven't given it much thought. :)
I know, no big deal, but you know, just because. :coco There must not be a classified Top Secret method to perform on the remotes to get them back to default settings. It would have leaked out by now! LOL :shh

Well, guess I will terminate my test. I have a clamp on a 52.0 remote channel up key to drain the power capacitor.

Capacitors are probably only in the old remotes and eproms makes sense for the new ones. Some of the H1's and H2's are coming with refurb remotes that are still programmed with the previous owner's remote name and TV codes. If you could easily wipe the remotes DISH probably would before they were sent out in the boxes with the receivers for customers.

Capacitors are probably only in the old remotes and eproms makes sense for the new ones. Some of the H1's and H2's are coming with refurb remotes that are still programmed with the previous owner's remote name and TV codes. If you could easily wipe the remotes DISH probably would before they were sent out in the boxes with the receivers for customers.
Yep, would have been nice if DISH had set up a procedure to return the remotes to default settings.

Some of the H1's and H2's are coming with refurb remotes that are still programmed with the previous owner's remote name and TV codes. If you could easily wipe the remotes DISH probably would before they were sent out in the boxes with the receivers for customers.

You've got to be right if they're sending them out that way. It must be pretty much impossible to "wipe" them.

Remote test over. Took the clamp off a 52.0 remote this morning. Had it holding down the channel up button for about 36 hours. Installed batteries and paired the remote back to a H3. Old settings still there. So, I would say for sure the remotes have eproms holding the memory.

Today I wanted to transfer some recordings from Hopper to External hard drive and I saw this.
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1516246890.598767.jpg

Plugged hard drive to a different USB port and that did not make any difference. Any suggestions from others that had this same thing happen?

Last edited: