HWS DVR glitch

DanM64

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2013
Mokena, IL
I've noticed lately that if I use 1 HWS to watch DVR recordings saved on my other HWS there are a few glitches.

Usually the video will play fine, but there is no audio whatsoever. If I stop the recording, then go back in and play again it starts working fine with audio. Also occasionally when the recording is finished, the Live TV icon will come on after I press stop, but the screen stays back. The only way to watch tv is to shut the HWS off and turn it back on, then it works fine.

I've tried resetting both HWS' multiple times, but the glitch continues. Each HWS works with no glitches if I play its kwn recordings. I will say I didnt notice this problem before the S328 update.

Anyone else having the same problem, or is it faulty equipment? It's only been installed about 2 weeks, but other than that I have no issues at all. MoCA connection on all boxes show 4/4 bars as well, so they have good connections.

Same problems here with a Hopper and a HWS. Sometimes the HWS will reboot itself if the video from the Hopper doesn't play right.

This has been like this for at least the last few software 'updates'.

Yep, same for me. I've been with Dish for about 15 years and updated to a Hopper, Hopper w/Sling and a Joey this April. Overall I am happy with the system but it's just these annoying bugs that Dish seems to ignore and not fix. Here is a link to a post I made about the goofy problem where the Hopper either will not play a recording from the other Hopper or will be a problem and just resets itself.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/305728-Sound-dropping?p=3205245#post3205245

Thanks for the link to your post, I never noticed that the audio is broadcasting on another tuner. Interesting. I sent DIRT a message earlier today, Matt said that they are aware of the problem. Hopefully they will fix it in a software update some day.

Don't just red button reset, hard reset by unplugging AC from wall for a few minutes. Mine was doing that and I reset several times to no avail, I think its back to OK after hard reset.

I have had these problems since I first got my hoppers in the spring. About twice a week I will lose sound when playing back from the other hopper, sometimes restarting the program a few time clears it up. Sometimes though I get the problem where sound comes from a different tuner. It's weird, as I move through different channels to find something to watch the sound always comes from the previous channel. A reboot of the tuner is required when this happens.

DISH, WHILE YOU ARE FIXING THIS BUG, GIVE US BACK THE saved "S" symbol in PAT recordings.

This is the problem we have been having. Both of our Hoppers freeze up when we try to watch a program on the living room Hopper from the bedroom Hopper and vise versa. You have to hit the reset button every time. I am so frustrated with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)