HWS freezing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Karri

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
About a week ago now my hopper decided that it needed to reformat my drive and eat hundreds of recordings. I'm just now starting to re-record things and tonight the hopper seems to be randomly freezing while playing back recordings, recordings that were fine yesterday. Is my hopper on the way out? Do I need a new one?

Thanks for any input!!! :)

No errors. Mostly noticing it while watching something off of the dvr, haven't really watched live TV yet. Was watching one show and there was a delay between hitting pause/rewind/etc on the remote and something happening on the screen while it was freezing. Then just now after the nightly reboot, it took a good 30 seconds to a minute of black screen before anything happened. No live TV or anything. Now the freezes are happening every few minutes for anywhere from 2-10 seconds where it just freezes then keeps playing like nothing happened.

Last edited:
Had live TV in for a bit. Doesn't seem to be having trouble yet.

I had all the same symptoms and my HWS hard drive failed several days after I first noticed the delays when pushing buttons on the remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)