HWS freezing

Karri

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
About a week ago now my hopper decided that it needed to reformat my drive and eat hundreds of recordings. I'm just now starting to re-record things and tonight the hopper seems to be randomly freezing while playing back recordings, recordings that were fine yesterday. Is my hopper on the way out? Do I need a new one?

Thanks for any input!!! :)

No errors. Mostly noticing it while watching something off of the dvr, haven't really watched live TV yet. Was watching one show and there was a delay between hitting pause/rewind/etc on the remote and something happening on the screen while it was freezing. Then just now after the nightly reboot, it took a good 30 seconds to a minute of black screen before anything happened. No live TV or anything. Now the freezes are happening every few minutes for anywhere from 2-10 seconds where it just freezes then keeps playing like nothing happened.

Last edited:
Had live TV in for a bit. Doesn't seem to be having trouble yet.

I had all the same symptoms and my HWS hard drive failed several days after I first noticed the delays when pushing buttons on the remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)