HWS/Joey getting installed right now.

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
I've had two 622's for almost 9 years. They both have worked flawlessly until one had a hard drive failure last week so I'm upgrading to Hopper. I hope I'm as happy with it as I was with the 622's. :cool:

Tell the installer we said HI and if he has any questions we are here. :)

As with any new DISH receiver give it 24 - 48 hours to fully settle in... and then your going to LOVE your Hopper! :)

Will do Scott, and thank you! It's because of your reviews that I decided to go this route instead of just replacing the dead 622.

So far I'm liking the Hopper. My EHD is not showing up on the list or acknowledging that it is connected. It does tell me I have disconnected it when I turn it off which is weird. The tech guy just said he thinks they are fixing it in the next update. I guess I'll give it a few days and see what happens. I really need that to work.

Even a reman hopper shouldn't be a problem, you can bet they are turning them around into the field quick. All of the VIP's are remans and many work for years with no issues. See if the installer makes it to the installer zone so we can hear all about his nightmares with the rest of us doing this job.

I've had my 2 HWS/Joey setup for about a month now, and I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do!! I know reading the threads about the S328 software make it sound like a much worse systen than it is, but the issues were very minor, and they're all being corrected right now, anyhow.

The HWS is by FAR the best system I've ever had, and I don't think anything else from any provider even comes close.

Well, last night before I went to bed I tried the EHD again. Turned it on and up pops the message You have attached an external device. Cool! I wanted to test a few non important shows to transfer just to see if it works ok. I transferred two tv shows and one movie. One of the tv shows was Cake Boss. This morning I checked for them on the Joey and all 3 tranferred and play. Only glitch is all 3 have the Cake Boss icon above their actual titles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts