HWS lost all connected remotes overnight?!?

blackjackmark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
Central IL
Just tried to turn the HWS on, and the remote didn't work. So I rebooted...tried again, didn't work...tried a 2nd remote, 3rd remote...didn't work. So I unplugged for 10 minutes, rebooted. Remotes still don't work.

Tried the Harmony remote...it works! So I navigate to the System Info screen and it states "No Remotes connected". WTF?:confused:

Worked fine all day yesterday.

So now it's still in the "Acquiring Satellite signal" mode...and it's been there a good 10-15 minutes. So I used the buttons on the front of the machine to navigate to the "Check Switch"...ran that and was told something along the lines of "we found fewer satellites, if you hit save you may lose channels. Hit cancel to continue". SO I hit Cancel and it returned to "Acquiring satellite signal"

But now as I type this, the Acquiring Satellite Signal is done, and now it's rebuilding the Program Guide.

I've now re-paired all remotes and everything seems to be normal.

Ran Check Switch again (it completed a lot faster this time) and all was OK on that.

Has anyone had this happen?
Is the losing of the remotes a symptom of a bigger problem (i.e. future fatal crash?)

Was the Check Switch just a fluke/user error, since I was doing it before it was done "Acquiring Satellite Signal"?

Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)