HWS- Sling not working?

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
Installed my HWS to replace 722K a little over a week ago. Decided to wait until things settled out in order to try Dish Anywhere. Tried it today with two different computers and two different browsers (chrome/edge) results is no guide or live TV available.. Both computers are seeing the HWS and it's receiver #. It looks like it's also seeing a couple recently recorded shows on that scroll.. Tested broadband connection on HWS and it's good.. Any ideas on what might be the problem?? I'm new to HWS so hopefully it's a setting?
My 722K with sling adapter worked fine!
Thanks, Gerry

Well I guess after doing a bunch of "googling" and reading it appears the Dishanywhere site just plain doesn't work for pretty much anybody that is using Windows 10 with Edge or Chrome! What a crock...
Gerry

I just logged into Dishanywhere using Edge. The site works for me with Win 10 1511. I normally use Firefox because Edge doesn't have any support for extensions so I am unable to use Lastpass with it.

Just tested...Windows 10 using FF....working here...

Due you have a smart phone and see if a Dish Anywhere app works on that?

Windows 10 still has Internet Explorer.

Press the windows key & S (for search) and just type internet. Then click on the Internet Explorer desktop app. Dish Anywhere will download the plugin and work fine.

Last edited:
Windows 10 still has Internet Explorer.

Press the windows key & S (for search) and just type internet. Then click on the Internet Explorer desktop app. Dish Anywhere will download the plugin and work fine.

Doing the above when clicking on IE desktop app opens the IE Browser. Going to dish anywhere and it shows my receiver. When I hit "my recordings" or any other button it just goes into a spinning circle and says loading- please wait. This is the same problem that I am having with all other things I tried..
For info I am trying to access it on my home network.. No idea what the problem is :(.
Gerry

Try naming your receiver something else... then check the website and see if it changed... if it did not chances are yo are still seeing your old receiver.

Go to settings and you should see all your receivers, see if the one you renamed is there.

Try naming your receiver something else... then check the website and see if it changed... if it did not chances are yo are still seeing your old receiver.

Go to settings and you should see all your receivers, see if the one you renamed is there.

Scott, serial # I am seeing on Dish anywhere matches the serial # of my receiver.. I grabbed my wife's Ipad and installed the Dishanywhere app on it. Works like a charm and I can see everything and play live TV.. Don't understand why I have 3 different Windows 10 computers that will not work.. Got me hanging at this point!! At DA home page if I hit recordings (or anything) I just keep getting a "spinning" loading-please wait and it goes nowhere.
Gerry

On my Windows 10 machine I use Chrome to use DishAnywhere. That's been the only one that works for me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my Windows 10 machine I use Chrome to use DishAnywhere. That's been the only one that works for me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally use Chrome for everything.. Oh well maybe i'll restart the HWS in the morning but since the Ipad works without problem, I don't think it will do anything..
Gerry

Doing the above when clicking on IE desktop app opens the IE Browser. Going to dish anywhere and it shows my receiver. When I hit "my recordings" or any other button it just goes into a spinning circle and says loading- please wait. This is the same problem that I am having with all other things I tried..
For info I am trying to access it on my home network.. No idea what the problem is :(.
Gerry
Have you restarted the Hopper? I had this happen last week and I did a restart and it worked.

Been still going over this Dish Anywhere problem in my mind as it still does not work. Currently I have both the HWS and Superjoey hooked up to my home network router (wired). Does the SJ have to be hooked up to the Ethernet? I think that it gets everything it needs over the MOCA coax but not sure... Thought I would unplug Ethernet and see if that solves my problem..
Thanks, Gerry

Been still going over this Dish Anywhere problem in my mind as it still does not work. Currently I have both the HWS and Superjoey hooked up to my home network router (wired). Does the SJ have to be hooked up to the Ethernet? I think that it gets everything it needs over the MOCA coax but not sure... Thought I would unplug Ethernet and see if that solves my problem..
Thanks, Gerry

I have been doing some searching on Net- it seems that if I disconnect the ethernet connection on the SJ, I would then go to the HWS network settings and turn on "bridging"?
Gerry

It appears that I am seeing my Receiver but I get a "loading" when trying to access the DVR recordings. If I go to "live tv" it shows me about 8 live channels. If I take off the filters, it shows me alot of channels but does not indicate that any of them are live? Hitting the "guide" button just shows me a continually "loading" circle...
I really have no idea what the hell is going on here :(.
Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)