HWS timer glitch

Who ran against, and lost to LBJ for president in the election (1964) after Kennedy was assassinated,
I remember as well. I was 20 years old and in the Air Force. In those days you had to be 21 to vote. So, I had no choice at the time. I was upset because I was old enough to serve my country but not to vote. I wholeheartedly voted yes to change the voting age to 18.

I’m glad I’m not the only one with issues with MTP Daily.. it drives me crazy!! I’ve tried setting the timer to only new, reruns, mon-fri, daily.. regardless it records some.. skips most. Maddow and others work fine.. it seems to be issues on a couple of shows during prime time. Others like maddow, deadline and Chris Matthews work fine for me. I wonder if there’s a way to report consistent guide/timer issues to Dish?

I’m glad I’m not the only one with issues with MTP Daily.. it drives me crazy!! I’ve tried setting the timer to only new, reruns, mon-fri, daily.. regardless it records some.. skips most. Maddow and others work fine.. it seems to be issues on a couple of shows during prime time. Others like maddow, deadline and Chris Matthews work fine for me. I wonder if there’s a way to report consistent guide/timer issues to Dish?

Maybe Charlie has problems with their politics? I just restored two more days over the next week. One pattern - it’s always both MTP AND the Beat

Try this thread over on Dish's forum: DISH Support Forum • View topic - Guide issues - please post here

Reactions: charlesrshell
This exactly. The MSNBC shows are really inconsistent on the Hopper.

Rachel Maddow typically always records but at least 3 times a week it skips Chris Hayes, Lawrence O’Donnell, and Brian Williams shows. I am constantly “restoring” them from skipped state. The Dish phone techs are no help.

Happens on my H3 and also my mom’s HWS so it is clearly a guide data issue that they should fix.
You can also set a manual timer that records the show by the hour you set. Like an old vcr timer. You can set it for Mon - Friday or even daily. Then the timer will record every time .

Reactions: charlesrshell
Somebody had to.

Seems like the people that can fix it didn’t And what is with the girl asking everybody for their phone number and pin number? Are those the things that they tell you never give anybody if they ask you for them?

Maybe Charlie has problems with their politics? I just restored two more days over the next week. One pattern - it’s always both MTP AND the Beat

And also Chris Hayes.. it seems those 3 shows are the only one with issues! It’ll record maybe 2 a week without messing with them even though the episodes say New. Maybe someday it’ll get fixed... next year.

Some woman on that thread who apparently works for Dash wanted people to send that in so they can track those accounts and use them for feedback on the issue
and I would never give that information on an open forum. When I call Dish directly I have no problem with it.

And also Chris Hayes.. it seems those 3 shows are the only one with issues! It’ll record maybe 2 a week without messing with them even though the episodes say New. Maybe someday it’ll get fixed... next year.

Someone at NBC News must know about this problem. They are a big media company and Dish is a national television provider. Maybe they can get it fixed. I’ve tried and gotten nowhere with Dish tech support.

Seems like the people that can fix it didn’t And what is with the girl asking everybody for their phone number and pin number? Are those the things that they tell you never give anybody if they ask you for them?
Some woman on that thread who apparently works for Dash wanted people to send that in so they can track those accounts and use them for feedback on the issue
The girl (woman) that you referred to happens to be a DIRT member.
and I would never give that information on an open forum. When I call Dish directly I have no problem with it.
No, not on the open forum. She was asking people who were reporting problems in the thread to also send a PM with that information.

The girl (woman) that you referred to happens to be a DIRT member.

No, not on the open forum. She was asking people who were reporting problems in the thread to also send a PM with that information.
I know all that, still, I'm not sending things like that in a PM. Maybe that's just me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)