Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Please use this thread to report issues with the U203 Software for the Hopper with Sling. (Note there is NO PUBLIC BETA VERSION of the Carbon UI for the Original Hopper (Hopper 2000)

When new software comes out this thread will be closed and a new one started for that new build.

Thanks for helping make DISH better for all. :)

1. Custom folders are incorrectly showing that they have recordings in them, when they do not. I'm 99.9% sure it has to do with PrimeTime Anytime recordings. Here is the scenario...I had 2 recordings in a folder from last night, The Blacklist (which was recorded via PrimeTime Anytime) and The Colony. Before I began, the folder showed 2 recordings. I then watched The Blacklist and chose to delete it after viewing. The folder (from the main DVR page) still showed 2 recordings after deleting it, even though the only remaining show in the folder was The Colony. I then watched The Colony and chose to delete it after viewing. After doing so, the folder showed 1 recording. However, when going into the folder, it's empty. I'm assuming the '1 show in folder' indicator is pointing to The Blacklist that was deleted from the custom folder, but still exists in the PrimeTime Anytime folder. This was recorded via PrimeTime Anytime, but since I have a timer set up for it with a folder specified, it shows up in both PrimeTime Anytime and in my specified folder (until I delete it from the custom folder).
  2. I lost the same folder I had created (and recreated a couple of times) as well as the 'dummy' folder I created last night. I currently have 6 custom folders and can add more, but it appears that each time the receiver reboots, any folder after the 6th gets removed.

Newly recorded programs show watched with 1min remaining. Pressing play from the highlighted icon in the DVR screen resumes at the end of program. One must press select then start over. Programs recorded from old UI still start from beginning.

I upgraded to CUI last night with version U203. So far, I like it.

One thing that happened is that I could find no options in my Caller ID History to individually checkmark selected entrees to delete. All I could see was an option to clear the history -- in hopes this would send me to another screen to individually choose the ones to flush. Unfortunately, when I clicked on this, it literally did what it said -- it cleared the entire history.

Did I miss something, or is this a bug that will be addressed in future versions?

How does one upgrade to the new UI? Got 2 hoppers, one with sling where this UI will be relevant.

Found the other thread for instructions.

But Patrick, thanks for the warning. I might sit on the fence then. It's definitely helpful for a Joey to talk to both Hoppers.

Looking forward to some pictures of the new UI. Hopefully someone posts it soon. Exciting times!

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1454106527.276048.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1454106545.981849.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1454106559.898235.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1454106573.732821.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1454106588.851896.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1454106602.684851.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1454106616.073324.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1454106629.225417.jpg

If you'd like to see anything else let me know! If be happy to post

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
I was having trouble with the Guide on my Joey last night saying no data so I did the reboot hopper on the system settings on the Joey and my hopper went back to the old ui. Did a new download this morning will have to see what happens.

. . . Did a new download this morning will have to see what happens.
I thought they pulled the update. Is this a new one, old one? If I go back and try to get it again, it won't revert (how got S529)? I read through the thread and search U203 and found far too much that was enough confuse a rocket scientist. Just interested.

I thought they pulled the update. Is this a new one, old one? If I go back and try to get it again, it won't revert (how got S529)? I read through the thread and search U203 and found far too much that was enough confuse a rocket scientist. Just interested.
It's back! U203 .

Mini-guide isn't so mini on the Hopper. I tried it on the Joey yesterday and the day before and it is much smaller (or was on U202).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)