HWS U203 Bug Reports

I've tried everything - I have numerous recordings that will not play back. When I select the thumbnail, it takes me to the next screen where I normally have several selections in the lower left corner (start over, resume, delete) - they aren't there at all. Also the "you might also like" thumbnails across the bottom of that screen cannot be selected. I can select and play these recordings from my H2K (old UI) and Joey1 (Carbon).

I too am having the issue with SJ not updating. My HWS and regular Joey are all on Carbon. The SJ is still on the old software. Everything is working fine though.

Yup in available software is say S580. So that's why my SJ is still on the old interface. In the new UI how do you force an update? Can't seem to find the update tab where we would enter the key combination before. I'm wondering if I force an update again if it will download the proper software for the SJ.

I was sure I posted a bug a few mins ago but now I can't find it. All problems so far have to do with recording and previous recordings. Some thumbnails of recordings will not play at all - when I select one, the next screen should have "resume, start over, and delete" in lower left hand corner - there is nothing there at all. There is no way to playback. Also, I'm recording NCIS right now - when I go to my recordings, there is no "red dot" on the thumbnail. But if I select it to open the list of NCIS recordings, it shows 4 episodes as all "recording now"!

I too am having the issue with SJ not updating. My HWS and regular Joey are all on Carbon. The SJ is still on the old software. Everything is working fine though.
"Glad" I'm not alone. But sadly, I think we're at Dish's mercy...waiting for them to push another update that our Hoppers might catch.

Now I'm really pissed & frustrated. Came across what seems to be the first major CUI bug. I am watching/recording a movie on my HWS while recording another program on another HWS tuner. On my Super Joey, I am watching something else. I have been trying to change the channel on the Super Joey and it will not let me. Whenever I try to change the channel it gives me the TV Activity screen that shows the S Joey (tuner 1) watching the program I'm trying to exit from. It also shows the two tuners in use by the HWS.

At the same time, it shows the other 3 tuners are available. For some reason it will not let me change the channel on the SJ. I've rebooted the SJ a couple times but it does not help. Even with several free tuners, it will absolutely not budge from the channel it is on.

I suppose I could try rebooting the HWS, but I don't want to interrupt the recordings that are going on right now.

Could this be a glitch in the new UI?

I have started a new thread about losing ability to create a manual timer. This is a major problem for me as I do a lot of recording from OTA tuner where there is no guide data. When Dish does not provide guide data, you can't record anything from that channel.

W106, U153, U253, S580, U453

I'm noticing no SJ software in that group...was it pulled? Did I not get it?

Can I force it to download?
I took the plunge today and I'm seeing the same thing in regards to SJ Software available.
fc55a0c75df14e36980ac59598d99e22.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been playing around with the new UI for about 30 minutes and the only issue I've found so far is what appears to be a glitch in the timer priorities. The timer at the end of my list won't let me edit the priority at all. Other timers will let me edit but they don't appear in the correct order in the list. And some let me edit but will show a different timer than the one I am editing.

Aside from that everything else seems good so far. I really like this new UI and noticed that even the FastForward is the faster version with only one button push.

I've been playing around with the new UI for about 30 minutes and the only issue I've found so far is what appears to be a glitch in the timer priorities.

I tried this again a few minutes ago and it's working correctly now. I may just not have given the receiver enough time to calm down after the update. So far this looks like a pretty solid update!!

Can't record "on the fly" (while watching, pressing record) from OTA channels with no guide date. It acts as if it's starting the recording, but the record light fails to light up and nothing ever records. Seems the only way to record from OTA channels is by doing a manual recording (DVR->Timers->Red Button).

Reactions: Rotryrkt
I installed u203 last night. So far only problem I am having is the DLNA/Home Media is not working. The Emby Media server shows up and all the movies are there, but I cannot play any of them. It doesn't even give the option to start playing them. Also, there is no thumbnails showing for the movies. This was working prior to CUI.

Also, I can no longer stream music from my phone to the hopper nor the joeys using ToasterCast.

I'm not complaining, I knew the risk, just thought I'd share the bugs I've found.

There is an issue with the Guide when expanding into regional sports networks. Mine shows 0 available when I have about 4 in there. If I expand the networks nothing shows up. The others (Big10, Pac12, Sirius) all work correctly.

I found an issue with trying to watch a program while it's being recorded. I started about an hour after it started. I wasn't able to go back to live tv without stopping the recording. If I hit exit or live tv nothing would happen. If I hit stop it would only give me the option to stop the recording.

I found an issue with trying to watch a program while it's being recorded. I started about an hour after it started. I wasn't able to go back to live tv without stopping the recording. If I hit exit or live tv nothing would happen. If I hit stop it would only give me the option to stop the recording.

Just change the channel. That works. :)

I don't know if this is another glitch, but I was watching one of the Lethal Weapon movies tonight and thought I'd record a video clip of a funny scene that had just taken place. So I backed up the live showing to slightly before this scene began and pressed record. But when I check on it later, it did not begin recording from the start of that scene -- seems like it started recording it maybe 20 seconds after that and kind of ruined it.

My original HWS (with the old UI) seemed to do the same thing, so I'm not sure if it's just a flaw with the Hopper design or if it's the UI's.

In any case, it seems like, in years past, if you pressed the record button in the middle of a program, it would automatically jump back to the start of the program (or to whenever the channel was tuned in) and record the rest. But, in recent years, this was changed so that the recording begins at the live moment that the record button is pressed. Am I wrong about this?

Mini guide is working this morning on my Super Joey. Hasn't worked for like 3 days, now after nightly reboot, it works! It also locked up and rebooted spontaneously for the first time since I got the CUI update. Hopper is still running U203 and SJ is on U352. Go figure.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts