HWS & YouTube ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
When watching YouTube, how do you determine what signal the HWS is transmitting to the TV
I have YouTube set to display the 1080p signal & I have a 4k tv
How do I determine if the HWS is transmitting the 1080P signal to the tv?

When watching YouTube, how do you determine what signal the HWS is transmitting to the TV
I have YouTube set to display the 1080p signal & I have a 4k tv
How do I determine if the HWS is transmitting the 1080P signal to the tv?
The HWS is transmitting a 1080i signal to the TV provided you have it setup for 1080i, 1080p.... The only time you will see 1080p out of the HWS is when you order a PPV movie that says 1080p.

I was asking about the youtube 1080p streaming...…...since the HWS is 1080p capable, why can't you view 1080p resolution from youtube?
For the same reason you can't watch Netflix in 1080P. The apps, provided by YouTube and Netflix are delivered to DISH in 1080i...

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I was asking about the youtube 1080p streaming...…...since the HWS is 1080p capable, why can't you view 1080p resolution from youtube?

YouTube uses a different codec than the Dish Hopper3 uses. Thus even on the Hopper3 Youtube 4K content only plays in 1080i. This is also why you would only get 1080i on a Hopper with Sling.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)