Hybrid Tap help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

07psdcrew

Original poster
May 10, 2021
Ashby Ma
Hey all. I have dish network with a hopper and a Joey. I wanted to duplicate the setup from my camper in my home. I wanted to buy a 203962 Hybrid Tap (Pink label), but in my haste, I bought a 190941 (grey label) Hybrid Tap.
Just curious if this tap will work as the order hasn’t shipped yet.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• D4B71BE7-C73F-4FE3-987A-815A5C10DA83.jpeg
    D4B71BE7-C73F-4FE3-987A-815A5C10DA83.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 357
The gray label Tap is not hybrid (DPH), it is designed for DPX, which is for use with a node.

The answer to if this is going to work is going to depend on the rest of your equipment. If you are using a Hopper 1/2 then its fine, as a Hybrid LNBF will run in DPX mode to serve it. But if the Hopper is either the 3 or Duo, it will be running in Hybrid/DPH mode, which means the tap may not work.

Now it may be fine, the frequencies should be similar both for MoCa and sat signal (DPX is about 950-3000mhz and DPH is 950-2150mhz iirc, while MoCa for both should be 675-850), the only problem I can think of is that one technology may have different electrical characteristics then the other, like voltages or power draw, which may or may not be a huge deal.

Another idea is temporarily running a cat5 cable from Hopper to Joey if that is even possible with your setup.

TLDR: Not a problem if you are on the Hopper 1/2, would recommend ordering a proper tap if its the Hopper 3/Duo and Wally for that matter.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The gray label Tap is not hybrid (DPH), it is designed for DPX, which is for use with a node.

The answer to if this is going to work is going to depend on the rest of your equipment. If you are using a Hopper 1/2 then its fine, as a Hybrid LNBF will run in DPX mode to serve it. But if the Hopper is either the 3 or Duo, it will be running in Hybrid/DPH mode, which means the tap may not work.

Now it may be fine, the frequencies should be similar both for MoCa and sat signal (DPX is about 950-3000mhz and DPH is 950-2150mhz iirc, while MoCa for both should be 675-850), the only problem I can think of is that one technology may have different electrical characteristics then the other, like voltages or power draw, which may or may not be a huge deal.

Another idea is temporarily running a cat5 cable from Hopper to Joey if that is even possible with your setup.

TLDR: Not a problem if you are on the Hopper 1/2, would recommend ordering a proper tap if its the Hopper 3/Duo and Wally for that matter.
Thank you Ethan…. I have a Hopper with Sling, not sure if that qualifies as a hopper 3…..and then a wired Joey.

I have a Hopper with Sling, not sure if that qualifies as a hopper 3…..and then a wired Joey.
The HwS is a 2nd generation Hopper. The 1st gen Hopper was called a Hopper 2000 IIRC. The Hopper 3 is the one requiring a different type of LNB (a hybrid) to feed 16 satellite tuners.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hey all. I have dish network with a hopper and a Joey. I wanted to duplicate the setup from my camper in my home. I wanted to buy a 203962 Hybrid Tap (Pink label), but in my haste, I bought a 190941 (grey label) Hybrid Tap.
Just curious if this tap will work as the order hasn’t shipped yet.
Thanks for any help.
If you have a Hopper3, you have a hybrid LNBF and will need a Hybrid Tap. Older Hoppers usually have a DDP LNBF, the regular tap will work.

Does the hopper with sling work with a hybrid LNB using the tap? And with a DPP LNB using a node?
Hopper with sling uses either a DPP LNB with a Node or Hybrid LNB to get signal for itself. To add Joeys, for DPP systems the node has a port called client you can use or split if you need more then one, and taps allow you to have a extra client port near the Hopper. As for Hybrid LNB systems, you would need a Hybrid solo hub that has 2 client ports that can also be split if more than 2 Joeys are necessary, or just like with the DPP system a Hybrid tap to get an extra client port near the Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)