Hypothetical Question - You're a football player at LSU or Alabama

Will94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
USA
You get four free tickets to the game, and you find out that they are going for up to $10k each on the internet. Glancing at stubhub, it looks like good seats are going for about $1k each. Wouldn't you sell yours?

Players shocked by $10,000 tickets - SEC Blog - ESPN
LSU safety Brandon Taylor said he heard the cheapest ticket was going for around $375 in the nosebleeds. So, $10,000 had Taylor laughing in disbelief.

“That’s a lot of money,” Taylor said. “That’s a car for me.”

Mingo knew the magnitude of this game would be monumental, but he never expected something like this. He couldn’t even fathom having the money right now to buy such a ticket. But if he did, Mingo said he would buy a cheap truck, head to Best Buy and use the rest of the money to buy a TV to watch the game on.

Isn't that a NCAA violation ?
Yes, it is. On the other hand, it would be very unlikely that you would get caught. Plus, if the NCAA ever did find out, you could very well be done with college football by that time.

Will94 said:
Yes, it is. On the other hand, it would be very unlikely that you would get caught. Plus, if the NCAA ever did find out, you could very well be done with college football by that time.

Unless the NCAA wanted to be typical and pursue it right away, or they could hide it under the rug, or they could suspend the player and re instate them the next day, or they could take 5 years to decide ....

All things the always Consistant ncaa have done in the last 5 years.

Remember, they find the stupid ones to go after 1st.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I am bumping my own thread. I want to know if you are a college athlete with four free tickets to the LSU at Bama game and could realistically sell all four of them for a total of $3,000 to $4,000, would you?

I don't think that I would have at the time because I had such a strict upbringing and would be too afraid that I would get caught.

If at any point down the line I hear about a player or players who sold theirs, I don't think that I would have any problem with them.

The NCAA, BCS, and their bowls are all so corrupt. $3,000 to $4,000 is pennies compared to what their officials bleed out of the system.

They've taken the temptation out of the equation. These days, instead of tickets, there is now a will-call "list" at the stadium. No physical tickets are used.

They've taken the temptation out of the equation. These days, instead of tickets, there is now a will-call "list" at the stadium. No physical tickets are used.

I assume you mean only for the seats that players get?

Yeah, so they still sell the tickets. They just put the name of the person they sold them to on the list.

You think a player is going to go to will-call on game day to pick up tickets? Uh. no...........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)