I almost got on "Unreliable Sources"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well, I almost got onto Unreliable Sources tonight. I was on hold for over a half hour, but was dozing off so I hung up :( Maybe next week I will try again. Funny thing is, I had no idea what I was going to say!

Caught it last night, So this guy thinks he's fat and people call in, I hope it's better than that.

I imagine topics vary, any noteworthy topics you remember, or is he just a goof that talks about anything.

To be fair to Gary (the show's host), he has covered topics such as domestic violence, Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath, the Iraq war, etc.

Most importantly he was the first person who I every heard mention FTA satellite. I watched "Confessions Live!" OTA on KWBM. At the time he asked anyone watching via FTA to log onto a website. Some more research led me to this site and got me involved with FTA as a hobby.

I generally don't feel large broadcasting corporations truly serve the public, but you've got to give credit to Equity for opening up phone lines to the public a couple of hours a week. Not many broadcasters would have the nerve, let alone pre-empt informercials for live programming.

Iafirebuff - If you do get on the air, you can always say "hi" to everyone watching FTA!

Equity ROCKS! They are why I got into FTA. I am lucky to have an Equity station as a local! - KWWF. I can barely pick them up with a roof top and am about 6 miles from their transmitter. FTA I get them crystal clear :) THANK YOU Equity! I LOVE YOU!

Caught it last night, So this guy thinks he's fat and people call in, I hope it's better than that.

I imagine topics vary, any noteworthy topics you remember, or is he just a goof that talks about anything.

This is one of the most rediculous programs I have ever seen. But not as bad as Springer or shows of that nature. It's bad enough it is even on one channel but why do they have to simulcast it on so many other channels??? I fail to understand how people find this kind of programming entertaining. (or even interesting!) I would imagine the prople who watch these kinds of programs have several junk cars in their yard and old refrigerators on their porch! Just my 2 cents! :)

I find some of the shows are ok, depending on the topic. The reason they are on so many channels is that each station is in a different market. THey are not inteded for FTA'ers. And, just an FYI - my oldest car that is "in my driveway" is a 2005 - NO junk cars. And all of my appliances are INSIDE my house.

I find some of the shows are ok, depending on the topic. The reason they are on so many channels is that each station is in a different market. THey are not inteded for FTA'ers. And, just an FYI - my oldest car that is "in my driveway" is a 2005 - NO junk cars. And all of my appliances are INSIDE my house.

BTW........I like your "Station 51 10-4, KMG-365" next to your photo.
That program inspired my to become a Firefighter/Paramedic back in the 70's! :)

It's bad enough it is even on one channel but why do they have to simulcast it on so many other channels???
few reasons why it is
-Equity owns all the FTA stations on G10 so they can put it on as many stations as they want
-its on late at night...so most of their audience its on at 11PM or midnight
-the more stations its on the bigger the audience (or more people can call in)
-why not? What else are they going to show? Time life stuff?

I fail to understand how people find this kind of programming entertaining. (or even interesting!)
same reason why there are lots of talk shows on now. Or judge shows. Or reality shows. I hate reality shows and watch one...COPS
But I like watching other shows that people may think is "stupid" like wrestling. Everyone has an opinion. I have seen the show a couple times but usually am not up that late (and if I am, its usually to watch a hockey game from Anchorage) :)

I would imagine the prople who watch these kinds of programs have several junk cars in their yard and old refrigerators on their porch! Just my 2 cents! :)
I don't have any junk cars in my yard (HOA wouldn't allow it) and no porch. I do have 3 satellite dishes on the house and a C-Band that I wheel out in front of my garage for some satellites that I dont have a LOS on the back deck so I guess I'm a prime canidate to watch this?

I applaude Equity for doing this. There aren't many "local" broadcasters around. Almost all of my stations in my local market are owned by big conglomerates (Sinclair, Viacom, Fox). The only one we have that's local is ABC and an Independent (both owned by Hubbard...who was pretty big when they owned USSB satellite) and they dont have shows like this on our Independent station.

If you like it, watch it. If you don't then don't watch it. Its free so you're not losing anything :)

I'd like to see your portable Cband Ice :) That is cool!

few reasons why it is
-Equity owns all the FTA stations on G10 so they can put it on as many stations as they want
-its on late at night...so most of their audience its on at 11PM or midnight
-the more stations its on the bigger the audience (or more people can call in)
-why not? What else are they going to show? Time life stuff?

same reason why there are lots of talk shows on now. Or judge shows. Or reality shows. I hate reality shows and watch one...COPS
But I like watching other shows that people may think is "stupid" like wrestling. Everyone has an opinion. I have seen the show a couple times but usually am not up that late (and if I am, its usually to watch a hockey game from Anchorage) :)

I don't have any junk cars in my yard (HOA wouldn't allow it) and no porch. I do have 3 satellite dishes on the house and a C-Band that I wheel out in front of my garage for some satellites that I dont have a LOS on the back deck so I guess I'm a prime canidate to watch this?

I applaude Equity for doing this. There aren't many "local" broadcasters around. Almost all of my stations in my local market are owned by big conglomerates (Sinclair, Viacom, Fox). The only one we have that's local is ABC and an Independent (both owned by Hubbard...who was pretty big when they owned USSB satellite) and they dont have shows like this on our Independent station.

If you like it, watch it. If you don't then don't watch it. Its free so you're not losing anything :)

I may have missed something here but what does old junk cars & old refrigerators on their porch got to do with watching Equity & Unreliable Sources. just my 2 bits worth.:devil:

I'd like to see your portable Cband Ice :) That is cool!

I guess its portable because it can be moved very easily :)

The 6 foot Fortec dish has a round base and i have a piece of 2x6 on top with a sandbag. Since the elevation is pretty low, it gets top heavy

I mainly use it for hockey games. Stick the 2 wheeler under the base, lift it up and bring out in front of the garage. Put the small TV and FTA box on the trailgate. Hook up cable and aim for best quality. It seems the colder its getting, the faster I am getting this working. Once I have signal, unhook cable and put 75' cable on...run that through garage, into house, up stairs into living room and hook it to FTA box there. Go shut garage and all set

When I'm done, open garage, unhook cable and wheel dish back in.

I'll take a better picture one of these days. The pictures were taken one night around 10:00 at night and it was cold out :)

Attachments

• IM000935m.JPG
    IM000935m.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 199
  • IM000935n.JPG
    IM000935n.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 175
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)