i am 20+ years out of date

buzzpatch

Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
i live in the sticks near a fairly large city, but tv reception is yuck.

last time i looked at satellites there was all kinds of stuff up there that was free if you could recieve it. is there still ?

what is the benifits now of having your own system rather that hooking up with the big national companies_( who i find very hard to get a straight answer or decient programing option from)?

You can have you own Big Dish and try getting the channels you want or you can go with a company such as DirecTV or Dish Network which operate as Cable companies from the sky and use a much smaller dish.

Depends on what you want to watch.

Not too much up there with a big dish that is free (in english) however with a smaller KU Dish you can pick up a lot of unique stiff for free however most of it is not mainstream programming and most is foriegn language.

:welcome: Buzz!

I find there are many English channels on C-band, and the fact that with a big dish you can get both c/ku you will have best of both worlds, also 4dtv is a great option for the subscrption channels.

If you are looking for subscription programming you will most likely want a 4dtv, the programming is cheaper and the picture quality is better than small dish and cable.

Verizon Launches FiOS TV Service in Spotsylvania County Virginia

Will TW EVER Add More HD Channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)