i am a newbie

uzairrrr

Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
Hi,

I inform to all users that i am a newbie in call center field.

therefore i request to all users and moderaters to help me what will i have to do?

I need a Complete Peocedure to build a call center like how to get portal/sale campaign.

:(

Some one Require me USD1500 (PKR129,000.00) as a fee of portal/sale campaign (nonrefundable) of a DISH NETWORK USA. is he reuired a reasonable amount.

i think there is no fee for a portal and campaign. please help me to get the truth of this Call Center Industry asap. thanks for a co-operation from all users.

Best Regards,
Hassam Moin

The members here only get to see the user side of call centers, especially overseas ones. However, I second Vegassatellite in that you will need to improve your English skills before anybody is willing to hire you.

All of ya' our Proud and have a Cheap thinking

The members here only get to see the user side of call centers, especially overseas ones. However, I second Vegassatellite in that you will need to improve your English skills before anybody is willing to hire you.

Hi Guys,

I think you all are better then me. first of all please clear your thinking.........:mad:

i don't want to become a TSR. :cool:

I am invester and want to make a Call Center... i will hire the peoples. people will not hire me.:eek:

all of ya are just feeling proud on your skills but i don't need skills because i have money to hide my skills.

if you want to help me please tell me the procedure regarding the Call Center Making. furhtermore if you can't so please don't try to say bla bla.

Best Regards,
Hassam Moin

you are just a speaker!!!!!!!!

Trust me, with English like the above, you don't need to be calling anyone in the USA to sell anything.

Hi Dear,

I think so you just speak english you can't read. if you read my post then you know i am trying to open a call center therefore i request for procedure.

:cool:

I am not seeking for a Job...

hope it is best answer for you..

One thing more never try to hurt someone.......

Best Regards,
Hassam Moin

So you have all this money but you ask people here instead of hiring the proper engineers to design you a facility.

Let me tell you something straight up and I'm sorry if you don't like it. We Americans hate getting phone calls from call centers in India, Bangladesh, etc. We hate calling American businesses and getting someone over there instead. It's because your English is atrocious. It's because there's a general feeling that an American ought to be holding that job. It's because you have no practical knowledge of your product you're selling except for what you can see from reading off of a script. It's because if a person in a foreign nation abuses our credit card number, the FBI isn't going to have jurisdiction to arrest them for it.

You can go ahead with your precious call center plans but the reality is that probably full-on 99% of people you call are going to hang up on you. If you're operating an inbound call center, be prepared for a lot of mistreatment and a lot of hangups. Every satellite retailer I've known who has hired Indians or Phillipinos for outbound sales have abandoned the practice, mostly citing the loss of sales from gross misunderstandings brought on by the lack of good communication on the part of foreigners working off of a script.

u r wrong

So you have all this money but you ask people here instead of hiring the proper engineers to design you a facility.

Let me tell you something straight up and I'm sorry if you don't like it. We Americans hate getting phone calls from call centers in India, Bangladesh, etc. We hate calling American businesses and getting someone over there instead. It's because your English is atrocious. It's because there's a general feeling that an American ought to be holding that job. It's because you have no practical knowledge of your product you're selling except for what you can see from reading off of a script. It's because if a person in a foreign nation abuses our credit card number, the FBI isn't going to have jurisdiction to arrest them for it.

You can go ahead with your precious call center plans but the reality is that probably full-on 99% of people you call are going to hang up on you. If you're operating an inbound call center, be prepared for a lot of mistreatment and a lot of hangups. Every satellite retailer I've known who has hired Indians or Phillipinos for outbound sales have abandoned the practice, mostly citing the loss of sales from gross misunderstandings brought on by the lack of good communication on the part of foreigners working off of a script.

Hi,

You are wrong i am working with American Firm named 3M, USA. i feel that if you speek wrong they will never hang up they will joke with you because they are courteous and they have a debonairness so i don't think so you are right.

you are trying to put me on a wrong path.

anyway take care.

Hassam Moin

Good luck to you uzairrr. I don't know that you're going to find what you're looking for here on this site, you really need to pursue someone coporately.
You have to understand some of the frustrations vented here too though. As an installer, I really hate it when I call up tech support and get someone in the Phillipines or wherever. Yes, they are courteous, but that doesn't mean they are helpful. They never depart from that dang script they are reading.
If I need a hit sent out to the receivers I am activating...... I know I need a hit sent out. I should be able to just tell them I need a hit and they send one and that's it, end of discussion. When I get ahold of somebody in the states almost every time I tell them I need a hit and they send one and it's done. When I get ahold of somebody overseas and tell them I need a hit they want to walk me through a million steps.. power off the receiver, do a checkswitch, unplug it.. etc... which takes me and them both 10 extra minutes only to find out they need to send a hit which is what I asked for in the first place.
So.... if you do build a call center good luck, but listen to these frustrations even if they may be construed as rude. Train your people to think outside the box and train them to be familiar with what they are doing so they don't have to rely completely on that script because they actually understand the work they are doing.
While most of your employees will probably have an accent, don't hire ones that have such a strong accent and poor english. The biggest complaint I hear from customers all the time is that they HATE calling into tech support because they can't understand the person on the other end who barely speaks english.
So, once again good luck, but if you're already working with 3M and wanting to figure out the procedures for building one and launching a campaign I have no idea what you're doing on this site and it makes me a bit skeptical of your legitimacy.

Hi,

You are wrong i am working with American Firm named 3M, USA. i feel that if you speek wrong they will never hang up they will joke with you because they are courteous and they have a debonairness so i don't think so you are right.

you are trying to put me on a wrong path.

anyway take care.

Hassam Moin

Alright, I give up. You obviously know Americans better than I do. :rolleyes:

One more time

Sorry uzairrrr this really isn't the place to be asking the question. You need to do your research somewhere that deals with business and call centers. You need business advice not abuse or being made fun of. Although this thread is pretty amusing. :rolleyes::D:eureka

Hi,

I inform to all users that i am a newbie in call center field.
Crap into system, bowel has no need for fiber, could cause misunderstanding blockage.

therefore i request to all users and moderaters to help me what will i have to do?
I wish you to press the starch button, so proceed we can to shoot trouble in system of digest.

I need a Complete Peocedure to build a call center like how to get portal/sale campaign.
I perfect usage of your understanding to speak in own tongue.

:(

Some one Require me USD1500 (PKR129,000.00) as a fee of portal/sale campaign (nonrefundable) of a DISH NETWORK USA. is he reuired a reasonable amount.

i think there is no fee for a portal and campaign. please help me to get the truth of this Call Center Industry asap. thanks for a co-operation from all users.
I completely misunderstand you reprehention of lack to send funds. Must you campain to refute untruth for resistance of campaign portal.

Best Regards,
Hassam Moin

Freak-a-Leak
Ralph Crampdom

Hi Guys,

I think you all are better then me. first of all please clear your thinking.........:mad:

i don't want to become a TSR. :cool:

I am invester and want to make a Call Center... i will hire the peoples. people will not hire me.:eek:

all of ya are just feeling proud on your skills but i don't need skills because i have money to hide my skills.

if you want to help me please tell me the procedure regarding the Call Center Making. furhtermore if you can't so please don't try to say bla bla.

Best Regards,
Hassam Moin

Don't you just love it when some newbie comes asking for advice and then starts spouting abuse when he doesn't like what he hears. :rolleyes:

Several points:

1. I tried to gently tell you that this wasn't the right place to ask that question. We are USERS of call centers, not providers. Several of us have worked call centers at various levels. You might be surprised to know that there are many varieties of call centers, including incoming and outgoing, sales, sales support, technical, advanced technical, post sales support, etc, etc. They all have different needs, and different skills required.

2. If you really have this big deal contract with 3M, you don't need us at all. 3M would be calling the shots and would be giving you detailed specifications of their needs. I may not be creating a call center, but I did help transfer post sales support for a division of Agilent Technologies. We told those guys how to blow their noses and how to deficate. If you think you are not working for somebody, then I would say you have never owned a business.

3. I suspect you are working off some call for bids, and competing with 200 other guys who are better prepared for this opportunity. If you don't even know where to go to get info, you frankly don't stand a chance.

4. Don't brush off your need for English skills. The person who runs the shop needs to be BETTER than the employees. The world is changing, and Asian support centers are definitely up and coming. However, the control is still largely in America (3M is in Minnesota :D) These people speak English and to be effective, you need to communicate with them. There are a zillion of you guys trying to get rich by American off-shoring, and the successful ones will understand the needs and do whatever is necessary. That includes flawless English.

Now, tell me again how I don't understand. I'm dying to further interrupt my day to help you solve YOUR problem.

You are right about the Asian support centers. Call Dish and try
to talk to someone in the United States. You are very lucky if
you get an american.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)