I am addicted to RAVE!!!

I liked Eric Clapton one. Man other big dude(don't know the name) was palying best (sweet) guitar I have heard ever. I have recorded that 15 minutes of that and I have watched it a lot. Sound great on 7.1 surround, feels like you are setting in concert.

Robert Plant is on Soundstage right now. Its being simulcast on PBSHD as well. The picture is clearer on RAVE though, and I'm not getting 5.1 on PBSHD either. I keep flipping from one channel to the other to check out the PQ, and I have to hand it to RAVE. That PBS is OTA in my house, by the way.:)

David

This is on tonight!

Rave
Breaking the Record: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Combining funk and punk rock, the Red Hot Chili Peppers created a uniquely intoxicating musical style. Watch as we 'Break' their new record,' Stadium Arcadium.' with performances that include their new single, 'Dani California' as well as hits like 'Scar Tissue' and 'Can't Stop'.
Premieres July 7th at 8pm ET

I doubt if I'll be home from work early enough to see it, but I look forward to catching it on a rerun. I like the Peppers, and I'm just impressed that RAVE is showing something as timely as this.

Breaking The Record was pretty cool. It could've been a whole lot cooler though if there was less talking and more musicing. ("musicing"?). Nobody sounds particularly good talking about their music, but these guys really came across as morons. The actual performance was better than I expected however, as I'm usually not real impressed with live Chili Peppers.

I also caught the first part of the new Jools Holland before fading off to sleep. What a treat to see Goldfrapp do Ooh La La! Fun! And good to see Detroit's own Brendan Benson (now teamed up with Jack White in The Raconteurs) get some overseas exposure.

My favorite part of the night? Before the Chili Peppers and between the two shows, when they showed performances from Glastonbury and Jools Holland to kill time. Next best thing to music videos to fill the time between shows, IMO. Particularly enjoyed KT Tunstall doing Black Horse and the Cherry Tree -- I cannot see/hear this enough.

I liked both the breaking the record and Jools. I turned off the lights and pump up the volume all night long and ended with MJF of 2005. Great treat of Friday Night concerts.

Tonight!

RAVE HD
BEATIFUL NOISE
Premieres Friday July 21 at 10:00pm ET/PT on DISH channel 9470
Rave HD brings you music like you’ve never experienced before with performances of some of the world’s top acts in high definition and rich 5.1 Dolby surround sound. Now see the premiere of the channel’s first original series Beautiful Noise. Taped in front of a live audience in a dramatically lit, converted gothic-style church, the hour-long show features up-and-coming artists, along with established “hidden gems.” Get the chance to discover the music and learn about the musicians as well. Singer/songwriter Kathleen Edwards, kicks off the first episode on July 21 with her melodic blend of country, folk and pop music. Rolling Stone declared her one of year's most promising new acts with her 2003 debut release of Failer. Solo artist Fiest, whose album “Let It Die” was included in the top 10 discs of 2005 by the New York Times and Philadelphia Inquirer, is featured on the second episode on July 28. Tune in to hear why this chanteuse is earning the rave of critics.

Although the above description (copied and pasted from Sean's July programming thread) indicates that tonight's premiere of Beautiful Noise will feature Kathleen Edwards, the program guide says it will be Feist. Well, actually, the voOmtards continue to misspell her name as "Fiest", but I know who they mean.

And it seems that this show will be preceded by a new episode of Jools Holland, with another appearance by KT Tunstall among others.

Just saw a commercial on RAVE after the Alanis SoundStage -- it IS Feist tonight! Wheeeee.
And they spelled her name right! :up

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pop in her lovely "Let It Die" CD and prepare for tonight's aural pleasure.

It's Friday... you know what that means. Good stuff on RAVE.

8 O'clock brings another Jools Holland -- this one with Santana, Sheryl Crow, Sigur Ros, and a bunch of folks I know nothing about. But those three alone make this a can't-miss show in my opinion.

Then at 10 is the second episode of Beautiful Noise. This one features Kathleen Edwards, who hasn't wow'd me but I haven't heard much of her.

BTW, last week's Beautiful Noise was top notch IMHO. Feist was fun.

^^ Yes, I :heart it. My only complaint used to be that the vast majority of the acts they featured were O-L-D old -- but now they actually show people I currrently listen to! Yay, RAVE.

But unfortunately I just realized it's Wednesday. Miss Case is up against Lost. And the baseball playoffs. Methinks Miss Case loses. Oh, well, I'll catch a rerun one of these days. Dang. And I just broke out her new CD to listen to during my drive time today to properly prepare for the show. :(

Finally caught Peter Frampton's SoundStage last night. Good stuff.
He hasn't changed a bit. :eek:

PeterFrampton_Frampton%20comes%20alive.jpg
bio_peter_frampton.jpg

Actually, I'll be pretty happy if I age that well.

Watching a pretty cool episode of Beautiful Noise right now -- featuring Stefy. Never heard of 'em, but they kinda rock in a not-lettin-the '80's-die sorta way. And the chick's kinda hot -- check out those leg tatts.

Anyway, I dig their '80's sound -- too bad the songs themselves suck (lyrically especially).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)