I am addicted to RAVE!!!

Caught the Jewel SoundStage today. It made my ears happy -- and the eyes weren't complainin' either. Damn, that woman can sing.

My only complaint would be song selection -- they left out many of my Jewel favorites (Again and Again, Standing Still, Love Me Just Leave Me Alone, Chime Bells -- hey, now that I think about it, did they show Who Will Save Your Soul? ?). But I suppose when someone's had a career like hers some songs will need to be left out of a 45-minute TV show.

Actually, I had a similar complaint last month when I went to see her live. And that was a near two-hour show, so I guess I should've expected it from SoundStage. Hey, at least on the TV show, she brought the band along for the last half. When I saw her, it was just her and her guitar -- and Intuition as a folk song just ain't the same.

I do, however, like the way her personality comes through when she performs and was glad to see SoundStage didn't edit out all of her chattiness. She told some great stories when I saw her, including one where she and the guy that opened for her went to Mexico and ended up in a boat with the Federales chasing down some drug runners. Great story. Then she even told us the dude's website address so we could go see pictures of her with a machine gun standing in front of a van full of weed if we wanted. I wanted. :D (Its at http://www.poltz.com/blognews/index.html )

Finally caught Peter Frampton's SoundStage last night. Good stuff.
He hasn't changed a bit. :eek:

PeterFrampton_Frampton%20comes%20alive.jpg
bio_peter_frampton.jpg

Actually, I'll be pretty happy if I age that well.

He looks better now than he does then! :D :D

Last edited:
I have both the Soundstage and the Live from Detroit filmed awhile back (from HDnet, also have the dvd with dts) on my 921, I like the older Live from Detroit verson's Dts for sound and HDnet for PQ... I love the Martina McBride Soundstage and Sugarland also... older ones Tom Petty and the Fleetwood Mac ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)