I Am Confused!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

EXECRATE

Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
OK IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH I WILL BE VERY THANKFUL.
I HAVE A MERCURY II FTA RECEIVER AND A 12 FET UNIMESH DISH. JUST GOT THE BSC 621 AND INSTALLED IT. HERE COME THE PROBLEM:
I CAN GET c BAND CHANNELS FINE WITH THE CABLE HOOKED TO THE RCV PART OF THE LNB OR THE LNB IT SELF BUT IF I PUT THE CABLE SWITH THAT HOOK THE KU BAND LNB TO THE SWITH I LOOSE SIGNAL. HOOKED TO THE KU LNB DIRECTLY BUT DID NOT GET NO SIGNAL. AS FAR AS I COULD FIND THE UNIMESH DISH IS CAPABLE OF RECEIVING kU BAND. I ALSO TRYED USING A DISECQ SWITCH BETWEEN THE TWO LNBS BUT NO SUCCESS. ANYONE HAVE ANY ADEA AS OF WHY THIS IS HAPPENING. IS THE LNB DEFECTIVE OR MAYBE THE RECEIVER? THANK YOU

no need for caps lock. That usually means screaming :)

Is it the 621 or the 621-2?
The 621 is a standard LNB (10750 LNB LO)
the 621-2 is a Universal (9750/10600)

The rcv port on the LNB is for C-band. The other port next to it is the loop out that goes to the KU LNB. The KU portion is on the end of the LNB

Sorry for the caps!!
it is a 621 standard LNB. after i got it i did install following the directions listed in the guide. coax cable from RCV to the mercury II and the loop out from the KU band LNB to the C band LNB. the dish is aimed at G23 , I get all the C channels with a 80 signal level and about 75 quality but if i try to switch to Ku I loose the signal on both bands, that is what made me believe that maybe the internal switch in the BSc is defective and i tried to bypass it by a DISCQ with no luck. note that if i remove the loop out cable i regain the signal.

Make sure you're using the right switch in your setup. One version of the bsc621 uses an internal 22k switch and the other uses diseqc (the 621-2 uses diseqc since it is a universal lnbf that cannot use 22k switches due to the 22k band switching for universal).

Welcome to the group :)

most receivers are only setup with one satellite to do both either c-band or KU, so you have to swap the LO back and forth unless you set it up to have two satellites for each one ( one for c with a LO of 5150 and one for ku with a LO of 10.750 for standard) if you don't change the LO it won't find anything .

if your using the jumper coax wire from the KU at the top then the other end goes to the LNB and coax from REC to your receiver. if the jumper isn't installed all you will get is C-band as a default. another way around this is to run two coax from the lnb to the receiver and diesqc or 22K them together. in receiver setup setting 22K = zero or off = C-band and 22K = 22K or on = KU

If you have everything setup and have been changing the LO for each C-band & KU then there might be a problem with the LNB not properly tuned. C-band is way more forgiving on signal than KU . KU has to be right on for a good signal. I don't know about the meter scale of the Merc II but a 12 Ft dish should be knocking down some good signals from C-band

one example i give people when hunting for a signal with this lnbf is when hunting for a signal on C-band and marking the limits of where its strong signal and where it drops off and marking it on the side of the lnbf it should form a box mine worked out to be about a inch square now most anyplace in that square i could get pretty good c-band signal. but when it came time to tuning in the KU nothing. now imagine a coax end and place it in that square thats your KU signal and it has to be close. you might have to tune a bit to maintain good c-band signal and gain KU signal at the same time.

does your unit have the lil triangle to mark the skew or the scale. mine gets best signal at 6 o clock position when pointing toward my TS satellite but others i've talked with get best signal at 9 o clock so this might be a try til you get best signal part.

also Always power off the receiver before adding or disconnecting coax.

good luck and ask if you have more questions or trouble.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts