I am dumb and need help (dish related)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sharpie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
I recently upgrade to the new slim line dish. The installers left the old 3 lnb dish for me to take tailgating. When I looked at the dish tonight I noticed that 2 coaxil cables had been cut. I expected to see one but the second one has me stumped. I have two receivers in my house but I am sure that I saw only one cable coming from the dish into the house. Can someone tell me what I need to do with the coax cables? I have plans on going to Lowes and getting a coax kit with connectors but do I need something else? Do I run both cables into some sort of splitter or something. This is going to be used tailgating using 1 receiver. Your help is appreciated.

You only need one cable from the dish for your single receiver. If you had two receivers before you had to have at least two cables coming from the dish into your house.

Does it matter which of the two cables I use? I doubt it, but I better ask. Also, I need RG-6 cable correct?

Doesn't matter which cable you use. The dish is capable of having 4 cables run from it. You should use RG-6.

Remove the two screws in the plastic adapter in front of the dish. Remove triple LNB. Remove the cut wires from the "F" fittings and screw on a new premade cable. Bolt it back together and you are ready to take it tailgating.

Remove the two screws in the plastic adapter in front of the dish. Remove triple LNB. Remove the cut wires from the "F" fittings and screw on a new premade cable. Bolt it back together and you are ready to take it tailgating.

Outstanding!:up

Outstanding!:up

Umm this also may be a dumb question, and please don't take offense, but if you don't know how the cables work, would you feel comfortable sighting in a dish? Or do you have a tailgate buddy who knows what he is doing?

Umm this also may be a dumb question, and please don't take offense, but if you don't know how the cables work, would you feel comfortable sighting in a dish? Or do you have a tailgate buddy who knows what he is doing?

Got a buddy who says he can do that blind folded. I seen him help out two or three other tailgates when it came to sighting.

My biggest fear was that the installers removed something that I didn't think was there, like a splitter. I didn't think that was the case, but I thought I had better ask for help before heading out tailgating. Call it a preemptive strike.

You only need the Dish and LNB. The three LNB dish has a built in multi switch so you would not need anything else.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts