SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
I Am Legend Gets Blu-ray Release Date

Posted January 15, 2008 by Josh

wb.jpg
Warner Home Video has announced that they will bring the Will Smith hit 'I Am Legend' to Blu-ray on March 18th, day-and-date with the DVD release. No specs have been announced at this time, but an interesting extra was revealed. Along with the normal theatrical version is an alternative version with a controversial ending. No word if this title would utilize seamless branching to show both versions.
Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, incurable, and man-made. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City and maybe the world. For three years, Neville has faithfully sent out daily radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. But he is not alone. Mutant victims of the plague—The Infected—lurk in the shadows…watching Neville´s every move…waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind´s last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But he knows he is outnumbered…and quickly running out of time.​

Source: Blu-ray.com | Permalink

I can't wait for this movie to come out, I expect this movie to be really impressive in terms of PQ.

One of those movies you get into and it just ends in the middle, with you saying "That's it?" Definitely one of those rental type of movies.

I did not watch it in theaters, but I have seen "The last man on earth" and "Omega Man". Other then special effects, is it really that much different than the 2 previrous version of this book on film?

I liked the movie also, but it kind of strikes me as similar to an M. Night Shyamalan movie in the sense that the first time is by far the best and it loses a little something with repeated watchings. Most of my favorite movies are, for me, the other way around.

The movie was OK at the theater. Certainly wasnt as good as most of Will's other movies. MIB, Independence day or I Robot it is not.

One of those movies you get into and it just ends in the middle, with you saying "That's it?" Definitely one of those rental type of movies.

Yeah, I went to see it opening day, and thought the hype was just that, hype. It was not nearly as good as I thought it should have been.

Glad I don't do smurf; so no loss.

Funny the ending was what I didnt like at the theater. The movie just didnt go anywhere for me.

I agree. The zombie thing was a cheap was to do a horror movie; and the whole saved village in Vermont needed much more explanation.

Then again, the book, or should I say novella, isn't that much better.

I agree. The zombie thing was a cheap was to do a horror movie; and the whole saved village in Vermont needed much more explanation.

Then again, the book, or should I say novella, isn't that much better.
You do have to give it up to Smith though, he acted alone and held interest for a long time in that movie.That can't be easy to do.

You do have to give it up to Smith though, he acted alone and held interest for a long time in that movie.That can't be easy to do.

Yes, I agree. And that's why I went to see it. I really think Will Smith is an amazing actor. And he did hold my interest; I just wish he had more to work with.

to be honest I enjoyed this movie for the potential. This move was what an hour and 40 minutes, too short IMO. This needed to be two and half hours, and focus more on the evoloution of the diseased people, and also more story of Will Smith breaking into peoples apartments and stealing supplies, I think that would have made this movie alot better. But I really did enjoy this movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)