I am looking for info on a houston tracker system linear actuator

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bubba3j

Original poster
May 29, 2011
bellmore ny
I have 2 houston tracker system linear actuator that i really dont know much about. All I was told was that it may run off a 24v DC power. I need to know where I can get a power supply for them. Please someone help me out.:confused:

Vboxes put out 36 volts.

Post a picture of what you have cuz I don't think that HT manufacturered their own brand name of actuators back then. Reason I say this is because I've got a Uniden actuator that was actually made by VonWeise and in the old days VonWeise was the mover of choice.

The complete HT system I rescued was an Odom dish with a HTS sticker-ed actuator. Under the sticker it said SuperJack.
Works on 36 v but it will move (slowly) on 12 v. Try a car battery?

If all you're going to do with them is open and close a gate, all that's required is a power source of 24 to 36 volts capable of 4 amps, and a DPDT switch. (12 volts will work, but will be very slow) Now, if you're going to have them move a BUD across the arc, that Vbox deal is going to be hard to beat. Come to think of it, for a bit of overkill, the Vbox could be programmed for full open, Closed, and a few intermediate positions on the gate. My gut says that they are Superjack brand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts