I am not admitting defeat!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
I found out the LNB is standard, so its 10750 LO. .

Hey Ice, is he using a Fortec receiver? I know my Fortec NA came from the factory set for a universal lnbf...I am assuming that he has it set for the standard lnbf in the antenna set up. My concern was that he said he wasn't getting much signal on 121wl (which is very strong) and that if the tree is filtering that much signal on 121 G10 may be out of the question. I had the same problem so I moved the dish and now I get an awesome signal on g10.

Stephen

I saw pictures of the tree. He overshoots it pretty good (due to the offset).

As for the receiver, good point.

IAFire
You have it on 10750, right? See the attached picture. It’s a different satellite than G10 but it should be setup as such

Scan
Name-G10RK
TP Freq-11800 V 26657
LNB Type-10750
LNB Power-13/18
22K-Off
Positioner-Off (in my picture I was using a motor)
Diseqc-Off
Sat lock-off
Scan Mosde-ALL
Network search-Off

Attachments

• IM000604.JPG
    IM000604.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 101
Got it! I got half a ream of notes and tips printed off, so i am bound and determined to get this! THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!

I should change the title to " I will not admit defeat" :) I usually don't give up on a project until the problem is solved. But this is a tough one! BUT, with all of this forum's KIND words of encourgement, offers of help and tips, I have faith that I will "win" over the wrath of the FTA! I have set up plenty of DSS systems over the years, and didn't think that FTA would be that much different. I was telling Iceberg that a guy my wife works with is from Saudi Arabia, and he has a system set up to pick up Arabic stations. When she asked him how he got his installed, he about cried! Between his limited english and never having set anything up, he said it was aweful! He had his tv and receiver on his roof with him and had a heck of a time. So, I am anxiously awaiting Saturday about 4 pm...I will be home form work, and will be ready to go! :)

On a side note, I am already planning to add another lnb to pick up StarNetwork Movies once I get G10 :) I see that everything is the same settings as g10. Iceberg gave me the complete step by step to adding it. Sounds easy :)

Just curious, how long has this website been around? I had been sandbagging here several months before I joined. Not sure what I would do without it :)

iafirebuff said:
Just curious, how long has this website been around? I had been sandbagging here several months before I joined. Not sure what I would do without it :)

September 2003

I registered Nov 03 and became a mod (both myself & PSB) June 04 when the FTA area opened as its own area. We use to be confined to “General Satellite” area and there were a few die-hards that had a FTA system or C-Band.

We’ve come just a little bit since those humble beginnings : )

WOW! This site has been here awhile. I first read about FTA probably 1.5 -2 years ago, and being that I like gadgets, it sounded interesting! I finally decided to make the jump this year as I am tired of paying $100 a month for Dish as I can never find anything worthwhile to watch. I should say I find only 3 or 4 shows that I watch, but of course I need higher level packages to get them. So, once I heard about RTN and looked to see what is on, I said "SOLD" :) I am dropping my Dish programming back to the Top 60 and will probably watch the stations on G10 more than Dish. :)

The original reason I got into FTA was when I found out about the free audio on ExpressVu. At the time I was a customer and was paying for those radio stations. When I found out I could get them for free, I went and bought an el cheapo (and I do mean El-Cheapo) receiver for the audio.

No blind scan, no motor option, 10 transponder maximum (not 10 satellite, 10 transponder limit, no option to edit channels, etc). Check the review area for “Viacast 2000” receiver.

It took me 3 weeks to get it to work. And much like a lot of us here, it was something simple. I had the LNB LO frequency inputted wrong. This receiver needed to have 3 zeros at the end of the LO so instead of 11250 (for DBS) it was 11250000 and KU was 10750000. That threw me for a loop. Once I fixed that it worked great. Used that receiver for 3 months :D

Lets see
-Dec 03 got FTA for the free audio (“and that’s it” as I posted back then). Viacast 2000 and a line from my subscription ExpressVu setup

Jump 2 1/2 years ahead to now
-6 foot C-Band dish
-3 KU band dishes (3 more in storage)
-2 pizza dishes for 119 & 91 audio
-4 analog receivers
-9 digital receivers currently have (have worked with probably 20+ different receivers)
-lots of switches, cable, etc

I bow to you! That is an impressive list of gear! Is blind scan when I would scan a satellite to see what the active transponders are? I am learning the termonology slowly :)

iafirebuff said:
I bow to you! That is an impressive list of gear! Is blind scan when I would scan a satellite to see what the active transponders are? I am learning the termonology slowly :)

Yep, I agree. That is one hlluva gear :D We'll get there, hopefully (hoping the wife is not around reading this comment) :devil:

Blind scan is a feature that the receiver does not follow the transponder numbers, values, etc to scan a satellite, but rather starts from a preset value and then makes jumps until it has reached the end of the band. It is very nice when you don't have exact data as to what it is that you are pointing to. More sophisticated rcvr's do a blind scan and then match it against known lists and offer suggestions as to what they guess the target might be. Very helpful.

Standing by for the happy news on the weekend from your camp ;)

Last edited:
Will keep everyone posted :) Maybe group medatation? Anyone listen to Coast to Coast (Art Bell or George Noory)? If everyone "channels" their thoughts to me setting up the FTA, and it works, I can call into the show and share my experience :)

Wish Me Luck Too!

Hey guys, and Larry, i feel your pain too!

I received my Traxis 3500 the first SAT in April and still no signal!, Well, i havent tried since about 1 1/2 weeks. If it doesn't rain, im trying again tommorrow.
Ive been really searching the threads and have been learning plenty.
I just need to find my true S SBS6 and I'll be very happy for now.
I got a DTV system mainly for my wife.. had it since 1999 and that was very simple to get a signal, Never thought FTA would be so difficult!
Keep me in your meditations guys for tommorrow!

Dan... aka Sharpee

iafirebuff said:
Maybe tomorrow WILL be a successfull day for all of us :)

sounds good to me going to try and get my fortec system up and running tomorrow also. everybody report back on monday. and wil see how it went.:D

Monday... I will be on Saturday night :) Either I will be venting or being joyus! Iceberg advise that when I do get it going that I remember not to jump off the roof :) At least it is only about 10-11' off the ground :)

yeah I know what he means when I set up my first c band system. had all kinds of trouble( mostly operator error) LOL. but that first channel came in I was smiling from ear to ear. telemundo if i remember couldn't uderstand a single word but was tickled to death.:)

I am installing my 90u system too. let's all hope for the best. If I can't get it my brother in law has a birddog finder. should be able to get something found with that.

rainmaker said:
sounds good to me going to try and get my fortec system up and running tomorrow also. everybody report back on monday. and wil see how it went.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)