I am switching to Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gpollock87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I just set my appointment for install for tomorrow afternoon. i'm leaving dish after almost 10 years. dish only offered me 20 bucks off per month for 10 months. i am reducing my bill quite a bit and keeping most of what i had as far as programming. i've never had Directv and i hope i like them.

I think you will.

If you've signed up with one of the Genie DVRs, you'll likely wonder how you ever got along without it.

Assuming that this device is what you're signed up for, they will have to install a SWiM device (Google it if you don't know what it is) which essentially allows the five tuners in a Genie DVR to multiplex (have multiple channels) over one physical coaxial cable.

Overall, it's a great piece of equipment, and the Genie minis (I have a wireless one) operate flawlessly.

Enjoy.

Reactions: gpollock87
congrats!

We're here to help if you have any questions :)

If I remember right, you are in an area where you can get BOTH Memphis (except WMC for some reason) and Jackson locals (without "moving") ;)

I just set my appointment for install for tomorrow afternoon. i'm leaving dish after almost 10 years. dish only offered me 20 bucks off per month for 10 months. i am reducing my bill quite a bit and keeping most of what i had as far as programming. I've never had DirecTV and i hope i like them.
Be prepare for a technical shock, because things are done slightly differently and our minds hate changes.

Also, if you're getting a Genie, don't accept the model HR34-700. As it is the first Genie and it acts like an old dog.

You will be happy with Directv. I just came back after being with Dish for 12 months. I much prefer my HR44 over the Hopper. Like another poster suggested, contact your installer and find out what Genie he has on his truck for you. If he says HR34, cancel and reschedule. The HR34 is what drove me to Dish in the first place. Last but not least, when your price increases, usually after one year, Directv customer retention is much more aggressive in their pricing than Dish. My only complaint is that some of the channels I had on Dish in HD are only in SD on Directv! But, with the new satellite I would hope that changes, soon!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts