I Asked Comcast When I Would Get New HD Channels

Rwwatson

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Englewood, CO
I went to Comcast's chat tool on their website. I asked, what I thought was a simple question; when will I get new HD programming (in the Denver area). I have not seen a new channel since October 2007, when I got TBS HD. Here is the chat:

Robert(Thu Feb 28 10:17:28 MST 2008)>When will I get new HD programming, USA HD, Sci-Fi HD, Speed HD?

analyst Allan has entered room

Allan(Thu Feb 28 10:18:26 MST 2008)>Hello Robert_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Allan. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Allan(Thu Feb 28 10:18:37 MST 2008)>I would be glad to help you with that Robert.

Allan(Thu Feb 28 10:19:59 MST 2008)>We are working to provide as many high definition channel broadcasters as possible. Unfortunately, we do not have any additional information at this time as to when new channels will be available.

Robert_(Thu Feb 28 08:20:36 MST 2008)>I ask because many other Comcast areas have these channels, Atlanta, New England, etc...

Robert_(Thu Feb 28 08:20:55 MST 2008)>I havent seen a new HD channel since October 2007

Robert_(Thu Feb 28 08:21:28 MST 2008)>The satellite companies are adding channels monthly and I really want to start getting more HD programming

Allan(Thu Feb 28 10:22:49 MST 2008)>There are a lot of factors involved with expanding our high definition lineup:

-the negotiation and contract process required to obtain the rights to carry a specific high definition broadcast, such as TNT-HD and HD-Net.

-the increased bandwidth resources which are required

-the relatively low number of subscribers (currently only a small minority of customers have high definition compatible television sets)

We will continue to explore additional HD programming opportunities as more content providers make plans to offer their programming in HD format.

Robert_(Thu Feb 28 08:23:54 MST 2008)>I have TNT HD and HD Net, so you are saying I wont get any more channels until more people in the Denver area buy HDTV's????

Allan(Thu Feb 28 10:24:41 MST 2008)>No, I simply stated that is one of many factors.

Allan(Thu Feb 28 10:24:58 MST 2008)>We are continually working to bring more HD channels to our lineup.

Robert_(Thu Feb 28 08:25:07 MST 2008)>Other Comcast areas have these channels, why dont I?

Allan(Thu Feb 28 10:27:08 MST 2008)>Because, unfortunately, they are not available in your area at this time.

Robert_(Thu Feb 28 08:28:07 MST 2008)>WOW, thats a great reason!!!! Well, hopefully after this insightful chat, I will still be a customer when those fancy "new" HD channels become available in MY area.....

Does anyone know where I can get a REAL answer???

I tried the chat tool this morning and the rep basically blew me off saying they didn't have any agreements in place for channels that haven't launched. This I know for a fact is a lie.

I'm 99.8% sure that the chat CSR's aren't in the US. Every attempt I make to use their chat "support", I get obviously canned answers.

Yea, Switch to DISH or Direct!

I am ready to switch back, but it certainly isn't due to more honest answers. DISH has been playing the same games with HD for many months. Generally the same kind of non-information, and sometimes it is a clueless CSR guessing at what you want to hear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)