I bought a new Openbox S10 and..

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I like!!! I have modified several electronic things that way..:D.....Surprisingly I haven't cracked the case on my S10.....yet:)

I like!!! I have modified several electronic things that way..:D.....Surprisingly I haven't cracked the case on my S10.....yet:)

Full credit to my dad for this. I just watched from the sidelines and interjected annoying suggestions. :cheer2:

:)

So, I took my S10 to my folks house today and we did a little surgery on it. :cool:

Dad took a little bitty fan off of and old computer board, he cut a hole in the cover of the S10 and bolted the little fan in.

There was a thing on the back that said 12v. He got power from that for the fan.

There were a few items in there that I took the liberty to deem "useless power vampires".

There was a thing for a card slot, I guess a smart card. I saw no reason to leave in there so we removed it. It came out with two screws and a little cable to unplug.

The other thing was a ethernet board. Since the machine only uses it for pirate stuff, we plucked it out too. Besides, the fan needed as much space as it could get.

Dad cut off the power cord and built a whole new one from an old PC cord. This one has a ground on it, the other one did not and this one is for OUR power outlets.

So much for the warranty, yes? :eek:

Now it runs cool to the touch. Before you could fry eggs on it.

This helps but the clock is still an issue...

It's a shame they couldn't just do this from the git-go....

Oh well. Forward! :)

My clock works. What seems to be the issue with your clock. As long as I power down with the remote the clock remains set and correct. The clock is only wrong/off when I power down using the switch from the back of the receiver. To set the clock, I turned off the GMT clock setting. Then manually set the clock. Remember to set it using Military time. For example, 12:00AM should be set as 00:00 and 1:15PM should be set as 13:15 on the clock. What firmware are you using?

Full credit to my dad for this. I just watched from the sidelines and interjected annoying suggestions. :cheer2:

:)

Tell your dad, good job. I like the REAL North American plug much better. I bet the fan helps to keep it a lot cooler too. I don't know why they don't just do these things to start with. They could add $10-15 to the price and do it from the get go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts