I can not see Ka signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
What are you talking about?

Hey Chip,

We were debating how to explain a fix for your problem. Some things are bect communicated hands-on. My words did not seem to explain how to fix your problem and neither did others.

So how is it going with your signal? What have you tried? What results?

Joe

Hey Chip,

We were debating how to explain a fix for your problem. Some things are bect communicated hands-on. My words did not seem to explain how to fix your problem and neither did others.

So how is it going with your signal? What have you tried? What results?

Joe

I have no signal issues. My original post was referencing your post where you said "You will lower the 101 slightly to pick up the 99 & 103." I wanted to know if you meant to physically lower the elevation, which is wrong, or to adjust the skew by dithering, which can lower the ss on 101. That is the correct answer. You went into a long explanation of how to get the best signals, but I couldn't tell if you really knew what you were talking about. The bottom line is you do. Thanks for helping, even though I didn't need it!

I have no signal issues. My original post was referencing your post where you said "You will lower the 101 slightly to pick up the 99 & 103." I wanted to know if you meant to physically lower the elevation, which is wrong, or to adjust the skew by dithering, which can lower the ss on 101. That is the correct answer. You went into a long explanation of how to get the best signals, but I couldn't tell if you really knew what you were talking about. The bottom line is you do. Thanks for helping, even though I didn't need it!

Ah!

We have met the enemy and they are us!

I have never attempted to tune the skew. My experience has been (mid lats, east coast) that you move it with no effect until you loose signal suddenly. I just take time to set it as close to the posted value and forget it.

I guess if I had it to say over I would state that as you adjust az & el to peak the KA sats the 101 will change. If you go too far west you loose the 99 and then the 101 maybe. If you go too far up or down you loose everything. I can see now where the way I said it could be confusing.

Glad you are up & running.

Joe

Since we have many experts on here I have a question. I just got my SWM3 dish today and it is going to be mounted on a tripod which I am taking with me in my Motorhome. I don't have any fancy meters so I will be using a satellite finder hooked up to a power passing splitter to tune it. Am I correct in assuming I can tune the receiver to a channel on the 99 sat and tune it that way. Then tune to a channel on the 103 sat and do it that way or do I have to buy a fancy meter. Also I guess that every time I move the Motorhome when traveling I will have to retune to a certain extent. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Joe C

Since we have many experts on here I have a question. I just got my SWM3 dish today and it is going to be mounted on a tripod which I am taking with me in my Motorhome. I don't have any fancy meters so I will be using a satellite finder hooked up to a power passing splitter to tune it. Am I correct in assuming I can tune the receiver to a channel on the 99 sat and tune it that way. Then tune to a channel on the 103 sat and do it that way or do I have to buy a fancy meter. Also I guess that every time I move the Motorhome when traveling I will have to retune to a certain extent. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Joe C

Hey Joe, this is Joe,

What you are describing is done by turning on the receiver after it is connected to the dish etc. Then, you select MENU on the remote and follow prompts through set up to view satellite signal. Once there you can select and view the signal for each satellite and each transponder. There is also a table for which channels are currently found on each transponder. AVAILABLE ELSEWHERE, NOT WITH YOUR EQUIPMENT

EZ way = set the meter in the receiver to the 101 satellite and get the best signal you can and go from there.

Also, in system setup, make sure you select SWM 3 dish. Accept no substitutes!

As you move your motor home the coordinates for aiming the dish will change but entering your new zip code will give you the new az, el & skew. Set the el & skew to the published numbers....make sure the pole is plumb (just makes things easier) and tune the compass line (az) with the volume turned way up on your TV or have someone there on a cell phone calling numbers..

Joe

Last edited:
Hey Joe, this is Joe,

What you are describing is done by turning on the receiver after it is connected to the dish etc. Then, you select MENU on the remote and follow prompts through set up to view satellite signal. Once there you can select and view the signal for each satellite and each transponder. There is also a table for which channels are currently found on each transponder. AVAILABLE ELSEWHERE, NOT WITH YOUR EQUIPMENT

EZ way = set the meter in the receiver to the 101 satellite and get the best signal you can and go from there.

Also, in system setup, make sure you select SWM 3 dish. Accept no substitutes!

As you move your motor home the coordinates for aiming the dish will change but entering your new zip code will give you the new az, el & skew. Set the el & skew to the published numbers....make sure the pole is plumb (just makes things easier) and tune the compass line (az) with the volume turned way up on your TV or have someone there on a cell phone calling numbers..

Joe

Joe
Thank you. I'm going to set it up at home first and then hope it doesn't change too much in my travels. All I need now is the software upgrade for the R22 and I will be in business. I have the table for the transponders so I will make a note of the channels. Too much trouble to take the HR-22-100 from house. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks again.
Joe C

Joe
Thank you. I'm going to set it up at home first and then hope it doesn't change too much in my travels. All I need now is the software upgrade for the R22 and I will be in business. I have the table for the transponders so I will make a note of the channels. Too much trouble to take the HR-22-100 from house. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks again.
Joe C

No problem Joe,

You know a lot of tailgate folks just have a round dish and SD receiver for travel. Real EZ to set up...pretty cheap......you can find the 101 with the dish in your arms.....put a kid in a chair and tell him to hold it!

Joe

No problem Joe,

You know a lot of tailgate folks just have a round dish and SD receiver for travel. Real EZ to set up...pretty cheap......you can find the 101 with the dish in your arms.....put a kid in a chair and tell him to hold it!

Joe
Joe
I have the round dish and have been using it all year. On my last coach that I sold I had a crank up dish on the roof. I just bought a new coach (2006 new to me) and took out the 23 inch sd tv and put in a 32 inch hd Samsung. They do make a automatic dish for the coach but it is $1600, OUCH. So I figured I would go the cheap way for now and bought a SWM 3 off E Bay and would use it untill I hit the lottery.
Joe C

Joe
I have the round dish and have been using it all year. On my last coach that I sold I had a crank up dish on the roof. I just bought a new coach (2006 new to me) and took out the 23 inch sd tv and put in a 32 inch hd Samsung. They do make a automatic dish for the coach but it is $1600, OUCH. So I figured I would go the cheap way for now and bought a SWM 3 off E Bay and would use it untill I hit the lottery.
Joe C

Great minds go in the same circles!

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)