i can receive 58w and 43w with mini-c but not ku?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

outbackjack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
maine
as i continue to try to figure out dialing the motor in the arc i received a stumping point. i hooked up a bsc 421 and was able to lock 58w and 43w (some of the stronger tps). what i cant figure is why cant i get lower than 61w on my ku lnb. i know c band is wider range but i must be set properly for the dish if i could get c-band. so what am i missing?

The Ku pickings get rather slim as one goes east, particularly for those up north. This is because a most of these beams are pointed to Mexico or further south. 58W has occasional feeds, but you will need a Universal LNB to see them as they are below 11700 MHz. If you can get down to 37.5W and 30W, there is Ku-band available to North America.

thank you pendragon, that does make sense in my utter confusion. would dish size matter vs location? if i go 6 foot will it help despite my location?

also...

A little misalignment on C-band, and you may still get a signal.
On Ku band, a little misalignment and you may NOT get the bird! - :rolleyes:

Mini-BUD alignment on C-band is really sloppy.
But, your 39" dish is pretty sharp on Ku.

Well I am no longer going to try anything lower for now. 63-121 work very well. Reason is because I finally will be going to the 6 foot dish for c band from Robbie. i ordered it friday with the actuator now i just need a vbox and i will have a new toy to play with.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)