i canceled dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think dish sucks now that they dropped Voom HD and am glad he canceled! I am going to cancel as well but I think I am leaning toward directv as I will loose nothing but save money. I will get more HD, a DVR, have a little more channels in both SD and HD and pay about 40% less. I think a company that treats its customers like crap should get the same treatment. Why pay more with someone like dish? to me Directv has more and are way cheaper! I am still carefully looking at all my options but unless Voom HD is brought back my options will NOT include dish networks!

I am still carefully looking at all my options but unless Voom HD is brought back my options will NOT include dish networks!
Oh, be reckless. Stop thinking. Get out of here already...or at least get back in your attic.

Gotta love the E* lovers here.

How dare you leave !

They will now proceed to hunt you down and force you to admit that you made a mistake even though they have not got the slightest idea why you jumped in the first place or even what you are getting instead ..

All that matters to them is that E* is held above all other providers - so that when the E* god re-appears many many years down the line and when E* resumes its title as "HD leader" they can all re-hash these threads and say ..

"... i told you so ... "

/sarcasm.

cable blows the picture quality sucks and have fun watching a locked up picture and crapy dvr. Dish or direct only way to go !

I've installed a lot of returning dish customers that thought the grass is greener. You can't have your cake and eat it to. Almost 30 million customers between the sat providers (30 MILLION PEOPLE CAN'T BE WRONG). Name one cable company that comes close to those kinds of numbers. It is obvious where customer satisfaction is, and it is not with cable.

I think dish sucks now that they dropped Voom HD and am glad he canceled! I am going to cancel as well but I think I am leaning toward directv as I will loose nothing but save money. I will get more HD, a DVR, have a little more channels in both SD and HD and pay about 40% less. I think a company that treats its customers like crap should get the same treatment. Why pay more with someone like dish? to me Directv has more and are way cheaper! I am still carefully looking at all my options but unless Voom HD is brought back my options will NOT include dish networks!

you won't get VOOM with Direct or with Cable either annd I would rather have Dish fighting to keep my rates down than switch to someone that doesn't care and will raise the rates every 6 months!

I've installed a lot of returning dish customers that thought the grass is greener. You can't have your cake and eat it to. Almost 30 million customers between the sat providers (30 MILLION PEOPLE CAN'T BE WRONG). Name one cable company that comes close to those kinds of numbers. It is obvious where customer satisfaction is, and it is not with cable.

You combined Dish and Direct. And want me to name only 1 cable company? Well Comcast and TimeWarner together can match that.

The cable industry as a whole has way more customers then the sat industry. Of course there are also those who have both.

Lets use Orlando as an example. There are about 200k DBS customers, and over 900k Cable customers.

So, in two years, you have 10,000 trolling posts ?

Or are you just having a hard day ??

PS And you do know that the type in your avatar is illegible, don't you ?

why is he trolling - ? he is just stating facts to give a balanced viewpoint to the OP rather than the slanted knife-in-back view that many people round here insist on sharing.

The OP said he had canceled and was immediately jumped on by a dozen idiots with their own agendas telling him how stupid he was ...

Nice to see we are a friendly bunch here isn't it ?

It is EXACTLY this type of thread that drives people away from these forums .. why can't people just accept that some people will get a better deal elsewhere - there is no need for the sniping and bitterness and in some cases pure hatred that is spewed whenever anyone dares to come in here and mention dish network in a slightly darker shade than pure white.

frankly - i find it childish and pathetic that a bunch of grown men feel the need to resort to childish schoolground bullying whenever anyone dares to step out of line around here and say something that goes against the party line.

why is he trolling - ? he is just stating facts to give a balanced viewpoint to the OP rather than the slanted knife-in-back view that many people round here insist on sharing.

The OP said he had canceled and was immediately jumped on by a dozen idiots with their own agendas telling him how stupid he was ...

Nice to see we are a friendly bunch here isn't it ?

It is EXACTLY this type of thread that drives people away from these forums .. why can't people just accept that some people will get a better deal elsewhere - there is no need for the sniping and bitterness and in some cases pure hatred that is spewed whenever anyone dares to come in here and mention dish network in a slightly darker shade than pure white.

Yeah, it is like they take it personally. What's the big deal. If the guy wants to switch then I have no problem with that. Do some of these guys make money from E* or what?

The OP post is pointless.

If every member posted the details of every aspect of their personal TV dealings, there would be no way to find the substantive posts.

The OP:

- did not ask a question
- did not make a statement about Dish Network
- did not reply, because he is long gone from the Forum
- never made any sort of positive contribution to the Forum

You are characterizing his post by his thread title, not the actual content.

Note that the OP didn't even say anything about Dish Network, except that they did not have his HD locals - which is a meaningless statement without his location. In fact there is nothing specific in his post at all - he doesn't mention the cable company. The post could be one of those "the company pays me 50 cents per post to trash the satellite competition"...

PS As far as the guy with 10,000 posts and the cryptic signature and illegible avatar, he posted 6 posts out of 33 replies, without saying anything particularly substantive. He's clearly "trolling" because in 10 years, I've never seen him before, yet he has 10,000 posts - obviously in some non-Dish part of the Forum... that's the downside to the "Most Recent Post at SatelliteGuys" feature. :( Clearly, the "I canceled Dish" title is red meat to some members of other areas...

The OP post is pointless.

If you restrict threads to posts that have points - you are left with very very little here ... what is pointless is subjective ... when i was ready to dump dish - i was happy that others were reporting their progress and/or situations .. it helped me decide to go ahead and jump ...

Are your threads on the uplink activity forums pointless ? ... the ones requesting for the threads to be moved/read only or whatever it is you are asking for (i have to admit i stopped reading the uplink reports because your spamming those threads was getting on my nerves)

The difference is - i chose to move on as i did not have anything to add to the thread .. I let you continue your campaign even though to me - your posts were pointless ... are you saying that i should have started calling you an idiot on the forums because i didn't agree with your stance ?

pointless is subjective - if you don't like it - move on - no need to sharpen the knives because you have separated one from the heard ...

PS And you do know that the type in your avatar is illegible, don't you ?

What part of my post is trolling? I stated facts, which you seem to not want to debate or rebutt. I am merely answering posts that are made, its called a "conversation" One person talks then another does. Thats how a forum works. Everyone has opinions and are entitled to them. I am merely stating mine.

Whats wrong with my Avatar?

I just switched car insurance and saved a lot of money!!!

We really need the "rep" feature that they have at Bigsoccer.com Forum (same underlying Forum software).

This is a great example of a post that would get a "rep".

It's a perfect one line summary of the absurdity of the OP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)