i canceled dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The OP post is pointless.

If every member posted the details of every aspect of their personal TV dealings, there would be no way to find the substantive posts.

The OP:

- did not ask a question
- did not make a statement about Dish Network
- did not reply, because he is long gone from the Forum
- never made any sort of positive contribution to the Forum

You are characterizing his post by his thread title, not the actual content.

Note that the OP didn't even say anything about Dish Network, except that they did not have his HD locals - which is a meaningless statement without his location. In fact there is nothing specific in his post at all - he doesn't mention the cable company. The post could be one of those "the company pays me 50 cents per post to trash the satellite competition"...

PS As far as the guy with 10,000 posts and the cryptic signature and illegible avatar, he posted 6 posts out of 33 replies, without saying anything particularly substantive. He's clearly "trolling" because in 10 years, I've never seen him before, yet he has 10,000 posts - obviously in some non-Dish part of the Forum... that's the downside to the "Most Recent Post at SatelliteGuys" feature. :( Clearly, the "I canceled Dish" title is red meat to some members of other areas...

I make my way to the sports area during football season. (Im the SEC is #1 guy) I make my way to the chit chat area when something interests me. I spend a lot of time in the "Installer" Area because well I am an installer, and I spend alot of time in the Cable forums, and I enjoy the Pit as well. There are over 100k members in this site and you are shocked you have never talked to me? I do recall talking to you and I beleive it was in the sports area. And what have I not brought that was "Substantive" Everything I brought was in reply to other users posts, and none of it was lies. Everything I posted were facts, and It was me against several other posters. Who all as a poster mentioned earlier jump on the OP simply because he decided to switch providers.

We really need the "rep" feature that they have at Bigsoccer.com Forum (same underlying Forum software).

This is a great example of a post that would get a "rep".

It's a perfect one line summary of the absurdity of the OP.

It has nothing to do with DishNetwork. At least the OP was in the DISH forum to talk about DISH and not in the DISH forum to talk about Car Insurance.. Now in the Chit Chat club, feel free to bring up your car insurance..

What part of my post is trolling? I stated facts, which you seem to not want to debate or rebutt.

Because there are no facts.

The OP stated nothing at all.

You can't rebut, because the OP's cable system is entirely fictional.

If he really knows he saved money, then how come he doesn't know whether it is $50 or $75 ??

Your post is a troll, because you are jumping into a Forum you don't frequent, to state "a fictional cable system with no specific channels, price or location is better than Dish Network".

Automatically a troll.

I was replying to specific posts. And everything I stated in regards to those posts were factual. I was not "rebutting" the OPs post but those made after him who made stupid claims that I proved completely wrong about cable. Please feel free to go back through the thread and find the first posts by me and see exactly who they were directed at. Its pretty easy to do and you will see that nothing I said was false. Nor did I attack anyone, I simply joined in the conversation.

His deal to him was better then what he got from Dish. THe saying 50-75$ a month could be due to not getting his first bill yet, you never really know until the bill comes what it "really is" you have to add in the taxes and other things they dont normally mention.

This is not my first post in the Dish Forum, I have also posted in the Directv, Broadband, tv programming etc. I have posted just about everywhere except maybe the FTA areas. Just because I do not frequent them does not mean I am "trolling". I visit them often for new threads and if anything sparks my interest I post. If not I move on. I post in the Operations Center a lot also helping out new users.

One question though and not trying to hijack this thread which me and you seemed to of already done, but you say "in 10 years" you never seen me.. But according to the stats I have been a member here longer then you.. And I wonder if this site has been around for 10 years.... In fact I think it was founded in 2003 to be exact...

Isn't possible he meant to post in the catv forum and accidentally posted in the Dish Network forum. Say I was a Jeff Gordon fan (and thankfully I'm not), and I walked into a room of Earnhardt Jr. fans and was pronouncing how great Gordon was. I would probably get slammed or worse, the same the OP and others are getting now. This is Satellite Guys US, not cable guys us. Don't say how good cable is and expect no flack on a satellite forum.

Isn't possible he meant to post in the catv forum and accidentally posted in the Dish Network forum. Say I was a Jeff Gordon fan (and thankfully I'm not), and I walked into a room of Earnhardt Jr. fans and was pronouncing how great Gordon was. I would probably get slammed or worse, the same the OP and others are getting now. This is Satellite Guys US, not cable guys us. Don't say how good cable is and expect no flack on a satellite forum.

Maybe these guys need to get a life. Are they relatives of Charlie?

stevenl

Do not bother arguing with the people who currently have dish and find a person posting that they left dish, for hd locals. In itself that was all that really need be said. One of the reasons I left.

Granted the OP stated he got a better deal and that may be out of line??? In my experience, since I have been back to cable, I re-negotiate a better deal every 1-2yrs. I have never been able to do that with Dish, Direct, never tried with Voom.

All in all it’s just a bunch of people getting their feelings hurt and lashing out because their product is not the best to someone else.

Last edited:
Kerry, there are people here who get off on putting down anybody for anything, no matter what the topic... just let it go.

I applaud your decision to leave Dish. Charter, my local Cable provider offers about 8 National HDs + 5 HD locals (no sub-channels / i.e., 6.1, 6.2, 6.3...)
A total of 13 HDs just doesn't do it for me. I hope your market is more aggressive.

DirecTV is the only option, at present. I switched to HD Only and I'm going to watch what Dish does. My only hope is they will get its act together — soon.

Just a word of caution, Cable companies are notorious for low-balling and hitting you hard after the Honeymoon... But the nice thing, no contarcts.

Promotional Offer: $69.97 a month for 12 months ($103.99 thereafter)
Charter Cable TV® Basic,
Charter High-Speed® Internet Basic
Charter Telephone®.

Good Luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts